Unofficial Mills

Fancy some pancakes?

Jono

Pancake day is nearly here, and everyone seems to be moaning at me because my avatar is making them hungry.

I notice this year there's these odd 'pancake in a bottle' ideas being sold at the supermarket. You put water in, shake it up, and pour it in a pan. Good idea or do they taste of pap?

Just make them properly! At least you know what's gone in them that way.

And yes, Jono, I'm not happy with you. I'm supposed to be eating carefully and now I've got the world's biggest craving for pancakes.

You're right. Make them yourself! It's not that bley difficult, for God's sake. Packet mixes often contain nasty additives too.

Just had a couple of Scotch pancakes. :woot: Yummy! Sorry Grace.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I've never actually made pankcakes for myself, I've always managed to convince someone else to make them for me! I think I'd probably get food poisoning if I let my current housemate make them for me though...

Is anyone giving anything up for Lent? I'm going to try and give up chocolate, I think I'll last about a week!!

Yeah i saw some of them "pancake in a bottle" things come through my till yesterday... What a strange idea, they aren't that hard to make.

Probably stops those pesky kids buying eggs and flour... "yeah, er, we're making pancakes... lots of them".

Pancakes are easy. You do not need any mixture. its just

1. 2 eggs beaten into a bowl

2. Add flour

3. Add water until its the consistency of porridge.. ege a bit gooie

4. heat up a pan and add a tiny tiny amount of oil.

5. add just enmough mixture to cover the pan

It will start to peel off when its ready to turn. Then flip it over.

It ios best served with lemon juice and sugar.

Yum YUM

If it wasn't for you guys on here, I'd never know it was Shrove Tuesday or Lent. Not such an issue though, as I don't exactly celebrate either, but interesting nonetheless. I mean the pancake making stuff helping by the entrance of the shop over the road might be a clue. I think we're gonna make jelly instead.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I'm gonna make spinach and bacon pancakes with a cheese sauce, followed by the usual lemon and sugar ones.

Might be feeling a little queasy later on this evening, and probably will never want to see a pancake EVER again!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

now living in jolly holland is all very well,however they don''t celebrate pancake day.That might be because they eat pancakes every day.(slight exageration) but take a look at the menu of the pancake house up the road from where i live .you need to click on leende then de kaart(menu) i make that 180 different kinds yum yum . http://declown.nl/