Unofficial Mills

Will listeners 'switch' off in the new Rajars?

Jono

well according to aled on his facebook site,the moyles podcast figures are down,hope thats not going to be a reflection of the rajars

just read aleds notes it's in the cloverfield note,moyles podcasts are down 30,000,but at the end of his note,he says the listening figures are out tomorrow and if your a fan of moyles it will be a good day.

I feel as though the podcasts are not as good as they used to be, despite the show being at its best.

What I enjoy on the show isn't what is included on the podcast. And that's probably because it's the off the cuff stuff, and not the celebrity guests. They feature too much.

This set of RAJARs covers September - December 2007.

The extended Chris Moyles Show is on a new record, with up to 7.31m listeners a week - up 6.98m (last quarter) and up from 6.82m (last year). Wogan however is still on 7.73m listeners a week.

Radio 1 increased its audience by nearly 120,000 - now standing at 10.69 million listeners - but average hours and share of listening fell.

Chris Moyles has suffered a major setback by being beaten by Johnny Vaughan and Jamie Theakson according to latest RAJAR figures

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jan/31/commercialradio.bbc

Moyles gained listeneres in the whole of the UK but to lose out to his 2 biggest London rivals must have come as a bitter blow to Chris who loves to taunt them on his breakfast show.

I don't live in London so it doesn't remotely bother me. If one of these DJs mentions something on-air there's no prominent power like Moyles has. I bet if you consider podcasts, listen again and other methods it'll tell a different story.

I DO live in london and to be honest there's so much choice of radio station you're swamped the whole time....

Oh and out of 12 trillion people who live in London I can name 5 who actually have good taste...

Da rest is aw liznin to dem masht up choons drivin rand in mentaw modded fiestas, flahin dere bling innit oh my gosh ya get meh!

Or they're out avin it large listen to the latest funky/tachno/deep cut/white label/non-stick/do-not-tumble-dry House music Dj that once did two weeks in Pascha in Ibiza cos Oakey was ill.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I do like the way The Times brands the station "softer and politer".

Radio 1, which once backed rap, R&B and indie rock, now prefers melodic soft-rock bands such as the Feeling and the polite pop-soul of a new star, Adele. Radio 2, formerly the “pipe and slippers” station, has placed Morrissey on top of its playlist and is giving prominence to Radiohead, the Coral and Robert Plant.

Commercial radio stations believe Radio 1’s role should be to support more musically challenging genres, aimed at younger listeners. But the new strategy was designed by competitive Radio 1 bosses after the station’s audience fell below 10 million.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article3285503.ece