Unofficial Mills

An imagination drought at the moment?

Jono

What I like about Scott's show is how he comes up with features that last just a few weeks, and then it's moved on. But recently the show has lacked imagination, and there's been no advance on features that begun yonks ago.

Take Innuendo Bingo, for example, that begun in March. It's been funny, but to still be devoting five minutes or more to it on the show these days shows little imagination. The Florist Game is still featuring heavily too, and that's over a year old now. Scott seems to be still telling stories of Matt Damon!

I appreciate it still takes time to come up with features, but with Chappers away it really highlights the slow development of new ideas. This week it seems to be almost a 'best of' with little banter in between, and old ideas resurrected. Yesterday's podcast only mentioned "Flirt Divert" as being a highlight - something that is relied on way too much.

Still, Christmas is on the way, there's always plenty of opportunities for new ideas there.

What I like about Scott's show is how he comes up with features that last just a few weeks, and then it's moved on. But recently the show has lacked imagination, and there's been no advance on features that begun yonks ago.

Take Innuendo Bingo, for example, that begun in March. It's been funny, but to still be devoting five minutes or more to it on the show these days shows little imagination. The Florist Game is still featuring heavily too, and that's over a year old now. Scott seems to be still telling stories of Matt Damon!

I appreciate it still takes time to come up with features, but with Chappers away it really highlights the slow development of new ideas. This week it seems to be almost a 'best of' with little banter in between, and old ideas resurrected. Yesterday's podcast only mentioned "Flirt Divert" as being a highlight - something that is relied on way too much.

Still, Christmas is on the way, there's always plenty of opportunities for new ideas there.

I do agree, the Florist Game had a funny turn two it the other day, when they had people from Holland sing to some raps.

He could even bring back some really old stuff, I miss The Hold Game, and they never bust people any more. They were my favourite things on the show...

I think the thing they do best is the banter, not the calls. That hasn't always been the case, but as they say, they've spent ages building up a friendship and it works very well these days.

Although the day after writing that Scott did use the Florist Call in a different way, and that was rather amusing.

I don't listen a lot these days either, although it's less to do with the show itself and more to do with my workload, haha. But I agree that the show could do with some fresh ideas, Innuendo Bingo is funny but it's definitely run its course.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I hardly listen now, if I do its for about 5 minutes cos Im very busy nowadays. I have 2 articles to write a week, coursework to the max and social life.

I miss Laura's diary though and have been reading the book for about a year...

twitter.com/emgreatorex

its coming to the end of the year & will be putting all the effort into new things for next year.

the production at R1 is very high, compared to the local (crap) stations by me, & R1 is very consistent however from time to time it will dip a little as you have to take the good with the bad.

:)

Of course things dip, but somehow a huge professional station like R1 should have the ability to keep things running consistently.

I think from the snapshots I hear during the day that the whole of the daytime output could do with a bit more imagination. Maybe theyve all been hit by the backlash caused earlier this year about honesty and standards, and competitions.

Scott has been Ok but im finding Chris and Co really dull.

Although to be fair, I do think that Edith is sounding more cheerful and enthusiastic than she's sounded for months. Shes getting more guests in and not just movie stars and her enthusiasm for Christmas is almost infectious.

But I do hope that they all have a restful holiday and start the new year full of energy and new ideas.

Right, here's my two cents.

The show has dipped slightly, yes, but it's still better than anything else out there. I also agree with Nati - Scott always sounds amazingly refreshed and lively after a holiday, as we all would. I have no doubt in my mind that the entire team will be back to their amazing standard after a couple of weeks off.

As for the rest of daytime, I can only vouch for Moyles, since I don't really have that much time to listen all day at the minute. I think Moyles is still at the top of his game. The interviews are all top notch and the team still manage to put a smile on my face each and every morning which, in my opinion, means they're doing a good job.

Also, I recently introduced a friend to Scott's show, and she loves it. In just under two weeks, she's turned into a proper, fully-fledged Mills geek, so the show can't be sounding that bad, can it? ;)

The show has dipped slightly, yes, but it's still better than anything else out there. I also agree with Nati - Scott always sounds amazingly refreshed and lively after a holiday, as we all would.

I agree, but whilst Coxy is lovely and has a good natter, you can see why things sound so refreshing when Scott returns.