Unofficial Mills

Off've

me_man

Okay, I spent the time to register because this is really getting up my wick spout.

I keep hearing the use of what seems to be "off've".

Can I first say it's grammatically incorrect. It's supposed to mean "off of" as in “Dave off of the telly†- but it's an American terminology, British speakers should be saying "from" as in “Dave FROM the tellyâ€.

"Off've" has another problem, the "off" bit obviously means off, the " 've " bit is an abbreviation of have, as in "would've" ie. would have. So this means "off've" is saying "off have" - which is just totally wrong. "Dave off have the telly" - see?

Now when you Google the word "off've" it only appears on Scott Mills and the radio one website - I mean if you're going to through the trouble of adding an apostrophe to make it look more credible, why not just use the correct words?

Please stop using it, it seems so contrived.

Thanks

:evil:

To be honest with you

people can say what they like

I mean me and my friends add "age" and "ness" on to the end of pretty much everything when we're together

People can do as they please

and its not hurting you just annoying you

so leave scott be.

Charli's in love with the new Panic At The Disco album

I love the fact that the girl who can't structure a sentence is giving advice on grammar.

What annoys me are people who moan about it, it's so grammatically incorrectly, it's great to wind up those that worry about that in life. There's far worse things to worry about.

I had lunch :D. I'm so proud of myself, anyway, then i saw this receptionist from school and we was talking then she offered me a chip, I was like I'm fine thanks. I felt really akward. Hmmm :P

You was? Just one chip?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.