Unofficial Mills

Edith

Joe Boy

Hi all,

When Edith first flew solo on afternoons I really wasn't convinced. But just recently I find myself listening more and more and really enjoying her warm and chatty style. It certainly beats what's on elsewhere. Anyone agree that she's seen marked improvement?

I actually started listening to Colin and Edith before Scott, it was only when I left the radio on after four that I found the Lord, so I do agree that Colin and Edith were better together. That said, I like Edith's show, and she's much better than the other DJs that are on at that time. The movies don't bother me too much, but I'm not that keen. I listen when I can, but I don't get annoyed if I miss a show.

she is ok, but i still think jk and joel should of been there. it's still more bareable than hearing that other person whoever he was thinking he was funny, y'know that one who used to do it with her.

on the grid.

i like her, she seems sort of down to earth and up for a laugh which is a good quality to have in almost any kind of presenter and i think shes a good dj, obviously knows a fair bit about music seeing as how you see her everywhere presenting one thing or another.

one thing though, her shows not as funny as when colin was on, they had good chemistry. and i dont really like him as much without her, even though the later time-slot seems to suit him. stick 'em both on together in colin's current time-slot and then you've got a show you cant fault. well you probably can if you're picky or just rude but i'm choosing to exclude you for the purposes of making my point =]

and then annie mac could do the 1-4 show. shes not on enough.

:)

(¯`v´¯)

and i don't know, this could break my heart or save me...

V

I think that Edith is a good DJ and I like her.... but I dont like her show as much as before.

I never really understood why C and E broke up... it was a good format, funny and a lot of people liked their show. Then Edith spent months almost pining for Colin... talking about him as if he was still there. And there isnt really anything in Colins evening show that he couldnt have done in the afternoon.

At least shes stopped doing that now. But to attract new listeners and stop loosing old listeners who prefered the C and E show, I think she needs to do something different.

I hate the way she constantly plays Editors. Is she still with Tom? If so, stop plugging your boyfriend's band!

Er, most of Radio 1 play The Editors.

As for Colin Murray, really good listen in the evening. He was good with Edith, but he's even better in his own show.

Er, most of Radio 1 play The Editors.

As for Colin Murray, really good listen in the evening. He was good with Edith, but he's even better in his own show.

Yeah but she did yesterday and today :). I'd rather they had the show together.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I thought that she had some choice... there are playlist songs then the DJs can add in their own choices... which is why there are sometimes a mixture of old and new songs....

It would be interesting to look at the playlists... I think Edith has played an Editors song every day for almost a month...either a new release or the latest single or something from last year....

I wonder if every radio 1 DJ has done the same thing... if so they must have a really narrow list of bands to play from... and everyone would play exactly the same songs.

Its almost a routine to guess when the editors song will turn up in her show!