Unofficial Mills

Definately/Definitely maybe?

KingTutsWWH

This thread is honestly not intended to annoy or upset anyone, even though I've been getting increasingly p*ssed off.

It isn't my fault; see job title, it's a natural instinct or reflex action.

The word 'DEFINITELY' is used so frequently on this site, but spelled incorrectly as 'DEFINATELY', that my red pen has run out of ink.

OK lynch the teacher now, I'm ready. However in my defence, please check this out first.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=definately

;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Grammatical errors such as 'there', 'their' and 'they're' annoy me when used incorrectly, but I think as long as you know what the person is trying to say it shouldn't be a problem.

Someone had a go at me for saying 'hoosh-era' (Heuchera) the other day and told me it should be pronounced 'u-kerra'. Git.

Yeah but there might be people who don't know they're spelling it wrongly. If you don't tell them then they won't know.

Yes, spelling and grammar does matter.

Good point.

Hope they do, otherwise I'd be out of a job.

Rite , of too werk now, teech sum inglish!!!:D

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I spent a while yesterday trying to work out how to spell "myxomatosis" in my exam. Word spell check didn't seem to recognise anything I tried (I do my exams on computer, but they're not supposed to leave the spell check on and don't normally).

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'