Unofficial Mills

Schedule Changes for September

GregJames_fan

Matt and Adele I’d say are the main contenders for a summer departure. I also hope Annie Nightingale gets the chance to retire. 

outside bets - I don’t think Greg will leave this year and the left field theory - Dean and Vicky will be split but both remain on Radio 1

Do we really think anything's going to happen this Sept? You'd think after the last 2 years they'd want to have some peace and quiet and everyone seems quite happy. Yes Matt and Adele are wearing a bit thin. However Adele is being maimed into the next R2 jumper so she'll probably stay at R1 until there's a vacancy there. Matt on the other hand is still quite at the forefront of R1 with being Breakfast cover so I think he could hold on. 

1 or 2 new shows I think but not the same as last year 

4 minutes ago, UnofficialStark said:

Do we really think anything's going to happen this Sept? You'd think after the last 2 years they'd want to have some peace and quiet and everyone seems quite happy. Yes Matt and Adele are wearing a bit thin. However Adele is being maimed into the next R2 jumper so she'll probably stay at R1 until there's a vacancy there. Matt on the other hand is still quite at the forefront of R1 with being Breakfast cover so I think he could hold on. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darren m said:

I’m thinking maybe Katie will leave life hacks and maybe sam and dani willl take over 

As she is a mental health councillor and has interests in stuff like this I would like to see her doing podcast series under the lifehacks brand potentially bringing back the lifehacks podcast as a series not necessarily a weekly instalment. I think she would, be good for hosting specials around mental health awareness week or neurodiversity celebration week.

But I don’t see this changing this year. 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, AndyK77 said:

Rickie and Melvin to leave.  Charlie will stay for Dance Anthems.

There will  be a permanent Friday Early Breakfast presenter.

Permanent early breakfast presenter for Fridays would be the only logical answer of change. Though I think if any changes could be announced for around December time that could be introduced in early 2024. As I see for the station that that will be the time that they could make changes. 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, abertom said:

Matt and Adele I’d say are the main contenders for a summer departure. I also hope Annie Nightingale gets the chance to retire. 

outside bets - I don’t think Greg will leave this year and the left field theory - Dean and Vicky will be split but both remain on Radio 1

Don’t see any changes for Dean & Vicky I assume they will try to keep that programme for a couple more years to have some stability in that time slot. I don’t she Annie voluntarily departing and will broadcast until she is physically capable to broadcast on radio.

Well whoever guessed either Adele or (less likely) Gemma Bradley leaving, you were right. Any other changes are yet to come out. I think Greg is staying for at least this year and Annie Nightingale, if she wants to retire she should be allowed but if she wants to stay she should be allowed too 

Sounds like Matt is safe surely else he’d be announced with the others.

If there’s anymore changes ahead of the September I’d be looking at one of these Greg James leaving the biggy news but unlikely. 

Dean & Vicky uncoupling - heard more noises around this and may explain why they’ve been covering other shows. - slight chance 

Clara Amfo - wouldn’t be surprised if her slot gets merged with Jacks if not this year then next - medium chance 

Arielle Free - wouldn’t be surprised if she moves to a daylight time or evening slot.

RMC - despite noises surrounding age I don’t think they’ll be leaving just yet.  1 or 2 more years for RMC