Unofficial Mills

How was your day?

Emma

To all you people reivising..."Lets go revise, Lets go revisee" (Automatic Stylee) --its kept me sane over the past few hours!

Ive had a good day, managed to get rammed into rugby tackle stylee in PE, whilst a few of us were trying to catch a frisbee, felt like such an idiot and my arm has swelled up but doubt it will come to anything except a big bruise.

Wrote one essay tonight, yay! :-)

10 days left of Freedom before proper revision starts! :cry:

twitter.com/emgreatorex

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, so far today hasn't been particularly wonderful for me... or the rest of my floormates for that matter, they all went out last night but I'm not entirely sure how much fun they actually had. Apparently one of my flatmates was throwing up this morning and another of my flatmates is ****ed off for a reason I haven't quite got to the bottom of yet. :-? Got back from my lectures at half 1 to find that my internet had been disconnected 'cos apparently I went way over the 100 megabyte traffic limit last night, and then had to enter myself in some stupid competition to do with the company who supplies the internet connection just to convince the guy on the computer helpdesk to connect me back up again this afternoon. Aaaaargh... bley 4oD, that's the last time I use it. Well, at least at uni anyway.

Just thought I'd let off a bit of steam there... oh well, the day's only half over, surely it can only get better from this point onward.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I've done two exams today; science and english. Like my sig says, I failed science miserably but I think english went well! I'm also slightly ashamed to admit that I spent £3.90 on the Top Gear magazine this morning. Which basically means I'm now broke.

I've done two exams today; science and english. Like my sig says, I failed science miserably but I think english went well! I'm also slightly ashamed to admit that I spent £3.90 on the Top Gear magazine this morning. Which basically means I'm now broke.

Well I guess you needed your hammond fix i just hope a magazine with david tennant doesn't come out or you'd be stuffed

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I need your help...

Today I had a meeting about radio broadcasting in the school.

When I went there,I saw 3 form6 students sitting there and stared at me.

My friends and I thought that we should host a music program.But the teacher told me that one of those girls was going to do that.****e.And others would do a show about Vienna(weirdo) and interview with new teachers.I thought those ideas were crap,so I told her my opinion.The teacher seemed angry(I found that the ideas came from her later...), rejected my ideas and asked me and my friends to do the films/book review and could not play any songs because there was a music show already.(The other girls were tittering when they knew that they could keep on doing their stupid shows)

That doesn't make sense at all!

Try to think about it,what if the R1 boss asked Scott to host a politics program?

Think about it,I can say I really know a lot about music ,at least I feel like I could do better than that bitch.But now the teacher asked someone who doesn't read or watch films to host a BOOK/FILM REVIEW?R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.

And when I asked her if I could recommend Mein Kampf(I don't really understand that book),and she said we needed to review some teen's fave.Lastly,she told me that I didn't have to do that if I hate it.

So please please please tell what can I do?Still do the show or not and what book or film I should review?thx

I'd say still do the show, and make it as good as you can, because the girls doing the music show will probably be crap and if you do a good job, you may be able to get their show at a later date. Any way into radio is good really :)

If you need ideas for books or films to review, buy a teenage girls magazine and they should review a few in there.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I need your help...

Today I had a meeting about radio broadcasting in the school.

When I went there,I saw 3 form6 students sitting there and stared at me.

My friends and I thought that we should host a music program.But the teacher told me that one of those girls was going to do that.****e.And others would do a show about Vienna(weirdo) and interview with new teachers.I thought those ideas were crap,so I told her my opinion.The teacher seemed angry(I found that the ideas came from her later...), rejected my ideas and asked me and my friends to do the films/book review and could not play any songs because there was a music show already.(The other girls were tittering when they knew that they could keep on doing their stupid shows)

That doesn't make sense at all!

Try to think about it,what if the R1 boss asked Scott to host a politics program?

Think about it,I can say I really know a lot about music ,at least I feel like I could do better than that bitch.But now the teacher asked someone who doesn't read or watch films to host a BOOK/FILM REVIEW?R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.

And when I asked her if I could recommend Mein Kampf(I don't really understand that book),and she said we needed to review some teen's fave.Lastly,she told me that I didn't have to do that if I hate it.

So please please please tell what can I do?Still do the show or not and what book or film I should review?thx

I'd agree with funkyseaweed - get your foot in the door, don't worry about what they are asking you to do. Just be as good as you can be, which will be miles better than anyone else, and it will show. Keep plugging away, you have to start somewhere.

I'd agree with funkyseaweed - get your foot in the door, don't worry about what they are asking you to do. Just be as good as you can be, which will be miles better than anyone else, and it will show. Keep plugging away, you have to start somewhere.

Thanks,also funkyseaweed.I'm feeling better now.I decided to write the script for my friends and keep silence only.:*<--Like this.

*falls in the door*

Me and a friend got very lost on our way home from Leeds..

Originally we had got a return ticket so didnt have to buy anymore, got through and saw the train for York which we believed was ours as we thought was going to stop at Home

Train set off, and when the ticketman came he broke the news that we had got on the wrong train!me and nats could of died and got very very worried. We asked where they stopped and he mentioned Knaresborough which is very close to Home but he wouldnt let us go any further the train as we had the wrong tickets. (My Mums complaining about it because its still the same amount of money etc)

So, he let us off at Crossley park, which is about 10 minutes from Leeds station and in the middle of no-where basically! There were no station people or anything and it was very derelict! And its full of chavs and everything!

The next train to Leeds was 4:25pm so we had to wait an hour in the cold for a train.

But after ages of waiting, the train didnt come and as more and more people arrived from like no-where we knew it was the right one!

Eventually the train came at 5pm, which meant we had stood in the cold for an hour and a half!

Then, when we got back to Leeds station the train to home was at 5:55pm, and that was ageeeeees away, so we sat down ate and paniced(Well I did that we were actually gunna get on the right train!) Then, I swear I actually swear I saw Scott, and said to a friend, look Scott's lovely and will reassure us we're getting on the right train, but cos I didnt have my glasses on me, and my Long distance sight is rubbish, It ended up that it wasnt him(but very much like him and I was gutted!) So I kept on asking people if we were getting on the right train because by this time, I really needed the loo as did my friend, there was no loo's anywhere(we had drunk too much coffee whilst waiting!) and our parents were very worried about us!

Anyways we basically just got home, no-one kept me any dinner so im having Fish and Chips. It took us 3hr's to get home! :cry:

What a day!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

the one thing i want to do is go to birmingham at night, it's great in the day but it looks special for the nighttime. i will wait until i am driving though, becuase i am unsure about the train times and that for the night.

251 pages of this thread. we better not tempt it too much or olly or jono may come along and tell us we need a new one and close it.

on the grid.

Ive been to leeds loads of times just not by train much, and obviously if it was going to York then its gotta stop at home! And I live right by the train station. :cry:

Best bit was finding this notice that was going on about Security camera's when we got "chucked" off the first train, and we started just shouting "help, we're lost in the middle of no-where" trying to see if the security people heard us but they didnt.

And then these policeman came down and I thought "Oh god, mums called the police to find us.." but they actually went to see the chavs(who were very intimidating, I was scared!)

twitter.com/emgreatorex