Keane

Damien Rice

Bloc Party

Razorlight

Black Eyed Peas

Corinne Bailey Rae

Beastie Boys

James Blunt

Hmm, looks alright, i thought thered be more artists though cosidering its a 24 hour gig :confused:

Other gigs will also take place in New York, Shanghai, Rio, Johannesburg, Tokyo and Syndey. Tickets are £55 and will be done through a ballot.

Do you think Radio 1 will be cvering this like they did Live 8? That was an amazin' day of radio

It was indeed, especially if you had the TV on the same time, like I did. :D My friends honestly thought I'd gone crazy when I said that The Who were the absolute highlight of that entire day. My argument was "Peter Kay introduced them and they sang two CSI theme tunes, how could it not be a highlight?!"

I was disappointed with Radio 1's coverage of Live8. Whilst I understand it's the home of new music, I had hoped they'd play all the artists rather than selecting the newer music. I switched over to the TV in the end. Did try to keep up the recording of it on to tape, sadly they're lost now.

Yeah i watched the coverage aswell. Its different when Radio 1 are at T in the Park or Glastonbury or whatever, because its the only place you can get live coverage. But with things like Live 8 and this Live Earth gig.. id rather hear AND see the live coverage rather than just selected highlights from Radio 1.

Do you think Radio 1 will be covering this like they did Live 8? That was an amazin' day of radio

Jana Bennett, Director of BBC Vision, said: "The BBC is proud to be the host broadcaster of this important event which organisers hope will raise awareness about climate change.

"On 7 July audiences across the UK will be able to enjoy performances from some of top names from the world of music on BBC One, BBC Two and BBC Radio."

http://www.easier.com/view/Lifestyle/Entertainment/Staying_In/article-108611.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a45142/matt-bellamy-criticises-live-earth.html

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy has criticised the organisers of Live Earth for using jets to transport performers.

Acts such as Madonna, Fall Out Boy, The Police and Bloc Party are being flown in on private planes for the event.

Bellamy told 6 Music: "Private jets for climate change, not sure about it, that seems to be a bit on edge really - that's an issue really, so we need to think about it!"

The event's organisers have already defended the concerts, claiming that any pollution caused by the jets will be offset by the promotion of their eco-friendly policy.

They have a point there!

• 2 months later...

So who is watching? Not as abysmal as last week so far, but the long shots of Wembley Stadium are back.

Didn't take long before we saw Paolo with a huge bottle of drink. Didn't hide it very well in Graham Norton's interview...