John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Sweeney Todd. If I didn't dye my hair then it'd probably look like Johnny Depp's does in Sweeney Todd. :S

Nice.

I watched Im a Legend last night, wasnt as bad as I thought..

I think that's a cracking film. It's "I Am Legend", by the way, not "I'm a legend". Sorry.

I've been told that Superbad reminded a lot of people of me and my school friends. Apparently, I'm like Fogell (McLovin). I did have a fat friend and a skinny friend, maybe that has something to do with it..

photo_07.jpg

I do not look like him, lets make that clear :hahaha:

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

• 2 months later...

Went to the cinema to see Iron Man yesterday. Although Action films aren't really my thing, I really enjoyed it. The effects and explosions were very impressive, Robert Downey Jnr gave a great performance and even Gwyneth Paltrow managed not to annoy me as much as she normally does.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Guest CancerForTheCure
Saw The Eye with my girlfriend this week. It was naff with a weak plot. Not even Jessica Alba could save that movie...

I did want to see that but I decided not to after James' review on Edith's show. I saw Awake with my boyfriend the other day, which also with Alba (and Hayden Christensen ohohohoh). I really liked it actually, although I don't like the way they tell you everything in the trailer.

A must-see from me is definitely American Beauty though, the best film I've ever seen. Abd probably Pulp Fiction, I know it off by heart :P

Went to the cinema to see Iron Man yesterday. Robert Downey Jnr gave a great performance...

I agree, went to see Iron Man with a mate two days ago and didn't expect a lot.

However, I was impressed by Mr Downey Jnr, by the way what other films has he been in? I didn't recognise him :S

Thought Gweneth was a bit stiff though, bit like a stepford wife :/

I do think trailers make films look a lot better than they actually are, Will Smith's new one looks good but I wonder if it will live up to the hype.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I was impressed by Mr Downey Jnr, by the way what other films has he been in? I didn't recognise him :S

Most recently Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. His best performances IMO are in Natural Born Killers (good, but gave me nightmares), Wonder Boys (one of my fave films) and Chaplin (Oscar nominated).

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CancerForTheCure

I did actually watch the Eye last night. Embarrassing, I know ;) There was nothing else on and my Gay Best Friend and I wanted to go to a late evening showing - a horror movie is probably the most suitable option for that. It was like a really really bad version of the Sixth Sense (which happens to be my favourite thriller). I was quite disappointed, but then again I didn't expect much in the first place. It did make me jump a few times but that's a natural reaction. Typical horror film with a rubbish plot.

• 1 month later...

I recently watched a film called Elephant (directed by the irrepressible Gus Van Sant) which chronicles the lives of students at school in a small Oregon town before a terrible event unfolds.

Superb direction and outstanding acting. The autumn setting too adds a certain sorrow to the film which is difficult to escape from.

If you enjoy non-bleak/arty films then this perhaps isn't for you, but I'd recommend it to anyone who likes films that provoke thought and poignancy in equal measure.

• 8 months later...

Afternoon...

Now I'm back on here for a bit, I thought it would be a nice idea to revive one of my favourite threads!

Lets discuss movies!!

Tonight's movie viewing is somewhat basic...

There's the terrestrial premier of Date Movie on Channel 4. Familiar comedy staring the gorgeous Alyson Hannigan. 10.00

The classic chic-flic Pretty Woman is on ITV2. 10.00

One of my favourite films 50 First Dates is on Fiver. 9.00

At 10.50 on Film4, classic comedy in Porky's.

9pm on TCM is a superb thriller with Jack Nicholson - The Shining (Here's Johnny!!)

Then of course there's a whole load of stuff on Sky

take control

just where the hell have you been again!!!?!1

9pm on TCM is a superb thriller with Jack Nicholson - The Shining (Here's Johnny!!)

haha! i remember when tcm was tnt, and it used to replace cartoon network at 9pm back in the good old days!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDxX4hvqqU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBDxX4hvqqU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

on the grid.

Oooh thanks! I love Pretty Woman and 50 first dates.

Have never seen The Shining but the other half is a massive Jack Nicholson fan so I've set it to record so I can try and appreciate some of 'his films'. I'm pretty much a chick flic person and have never seen many 'classic' films.

If you like chick flicks you should check out melodramas - particularly the fifties ones such as All That Heaven Allows and Imitation of Life. Go with the last one though because it's slightly better. They were the chick flicks of their day and I think they're classics!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Welcome back John :D Where you been???? How is the little 'un?

I went to the cinema to see Marley & Me last weekend. Broke my actual heart!!! To the point that I even embarrassed myself with the crying!! Proper shoulder lurching crying was going on there!!! Sooooo embarrassed!!! :oops:

Such a good film tho, definitely recommend it!

As for Pretty Woman & 50 First Dates, they are definitely on my list of all time favourites!!! :B)

glitzy.jpg

• 2 months later...