Unofficial Mills

Call Centres - Urgh

Jono

Just called Orange today to find out why my phone wasn't working. After dealing with English people for the last week, I got an Indian. She was trying to ask for my date of birth, and I had no idea what she was saying. It was like some sort of Majorie Dawes sketch.

Whenever O2 phone me, it's generally an Indian person, which I can cope with, I talk to foreign people all the time. Except that it always sounds like they're in the middle of a marketplace or something, with all the noise in the call centres, so I end up shouting at them.

I just spent quite a while on the phone to the University IT support, listening to the same drab piano music looping with a voice saying "your call is very important to us. Please hold the line.", then when I finally did speak to someone, their suggested 'fix' f**ked my brand new laptop, and it went into a loop of booting then bluescreening and rebooting, so I phoned the people who installed it, and no one picked up, so I fixed it myself.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

It isn't the Indian accent I have any problems with. A Scottish lady from Barclays rang me up once and I didn't get a word.

:shock:

Cheeky sod :P, I must admit I have to deal with different languages every day as most of our students are from the middle eastern countries, cant say I have learned any arabic or any other language from any of the lads and lasses yet though.

My maths teacher is Scottish and he just makes no sense whatsoever sometimes, I thought he was talking about the work but he was going on about whiskey (hmm..worrying) the other week.

these sort of lecturer's who go off on a random ramble are great, they waste half the afternoon discussing something which has absolutely no relevance to the subject :D

i rang up sky once and before she could take any information she said she would have to kill me if england qualify for euro 2008. she didn't give a reason. after that she was fine and i could understand her perfectly, and assisted me well in sorting out the problem. im sure she was from scotland.

as for the indian call centres its a nightmare becuase i cant hardly tell what they are saying, and you know if its cold calling sometimes as well becuase of the gap btween when you pick up the phone, and the connection.

on the grid.

Just called Orange today to find out why my phone wasn't working. After dealing with English people for the last week, I got an Indian. She was trying to ask for my date of birth, and I had no idea what she was saying. It was like some sort of Majorie Dawes sketch.

you should have sticked to VODAFONE. much better :P

ok, maybe not. but it costs me less when im not on Text pack with vodafone :P

"Hello and welcome to the Norfolk Fire Service. Please press 1 if your house is on fire, please press 2 if your life is danger, please press 3 if your cat is stuck up a tree, please press 4 if you require a Norfolk based website owner to answer your IT questions and for other enquires, please press 4567866857"

507033771.183.1247039672.png

It isn't the Indian accent I have any problems with. A Scottish lady from Barclays rang me up once and I didn't get a word.

I'll have you know they put call centres in Scotland as we are supposed to be the friendliest and easiest people to understand!

OK so I know that isn't always the case but that is actually the reason!

I used to work for Sky Customer Services, Technical Support and Accounts & Billing :) It was great! Only thing that freaked me out a bit was wee old men calling up to book p*rn!!! I think if they are gonna watch it they should learn to book it via their handset and not call and embarass me!!! lol.

glitzy.jpg

Only thing that freaked me out a bit was wee old men calling up to book p*rn!!! I think if they are gonna watch it they should learn to book it via their handset and not call and embarass me!!! lol.

Did you ever feel the need to voice your disgust at the dirty little pervs who have to pay for these services?

Lol I didn't read that properly! Thought you were saying I got free sky.

No I was very polite and professional and just booked them their p*rn on request :)

My favourite call (looking back) was my first ever call on my own and was an irate lady calling to complain about her £250 Sky bill! When I went into her account the reason her bill was so high was due to the amount of P*rn that had been booked! She wanted to know the date, time and name of every film! (There were about 3 or 4 pages of them) and I had to read them out to her one by one! She said it would have been her son and she would have a word with him when he go home! Most embarrassing experience of my entire life! Funny now in hindsight!!

glitzy.jpg