Unofficial Mills

The Random TV Club

Ema

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd bring this back, since I watch a show tonight that you all have to see. It's House, which began a new series earlier tonight.

The basic premise of the show is a grumpy doctor (House, played to perfection by Hugh Laurie) who, while plagued by his own leg injury, solves medical cases with a team of diagnostic experts, of which he is the 'leader' of sorts. The thing that I find so fantastic about the show is the humour. It's so un-PC. House manages to get away with anything, and it's all done brilliantly. For example, here's a quote from tonight's episode:

Dr. Cameron (a woman): You did something for which she is grateful, and you’re… embarrassed?

House: For you. She saw you coming up and thought you were a 14-year old boy. I set her straight.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg. It's amazing. Next Thursday, 9pm on Channel 5, I'll be there like normal and I'm urging you all to check it out. That's how brilliant it actually is.

Wedding Belles - Thursday at 10pm on Channel 4.

There's a pretty detailed write up about it, and clip of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciHNxFE66MI

In the trailer on Channel 4 the only play the music to that song, and it was bugging me as to what it was. But as soon as I heard the voice in that clip, I knew! Another mystery in my life solved! :P

I'm mainly watching for Michelle Gomez (off of Green Wing), but I looks like it could be quite good! :)

I have two things to add to this:

1. The Weakest Link - Dr Who special; BBC1, Friday at 8.30 :D

2. Richard and Judy's Book Awards; Channel 4, Friday at 8.00 (with a special appearance by a living legend!)

I realise that they overlap, which is why I thank the Lord for Sky+ every day!