Unofficial Mills

Peter Kay

Ad

I absolutely adore this man - he's so funny and honest. I like someone who talks about their family with such tact and humour. The things he has said in his stand up, aren't crude, its very close to his heart and just the way he talks about it is great!

Its good how he's stayed within his roots, kept a clear head and not become a complete arse like so many other people that do stand-up. I won't name name's - they know who they are! I've got admit, I'm a fan of some of his shows as well, but when he's himself - he's at his best.

Recently, I finished reading his book which over Christmas hardly got put down, I'm going to read it again sometime - he talks about his past, rather more than his current work - like the stuff leading up to when he got really famous. Reading it, you can tell he experience so much and did so well when he was growing up. Some of this experiences have made it into his comedy shows etc like Phoenix night I can't tell you how many times I've watched it his live DVD which is always very good.

I was reading his book recently and he was talking about two of his friends who have a son. Basically he caught the parents explaining to their son that the security sensor in the corner of the room, when it switches is on, is meant to mean Father Christmas is looking at him to make sure he was good. He carries on explaining that everything the little lad walks past he smiles and waves up at the security sensor.

And watching the DVD, he was talking about having biscuits with your cup of tea. He said that Rich Tea should be renamed "One dips", because they fall about really quickly when you dip them in the tea. Hob Nobs on the other hand, are the SAS of the biscuit world. He was basically saying that they soak up all your tea and so on.. For those who have seen the live DVD, it carries on something like this: "DIP ME, DIP ME AGAIN!, AGAIN!, AGAIN! DIP ME!"

Anyway, if you haven't read his book or seen him in action on DVD - def. check him out.

507033771.183.1247039672.png