23 members have voted

1. 1. Real or fake?

• Real
    • Fake

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake trees, always. I never ever use a real tree. It takes years and years for a 'Christmas tree' (not sure which exact species are used, but I think some are Scots pines and some are Norwegian fir) to grow to the size people prefer and then someone comes along and chops it down, all for a few days inside someone's house before it's thrown away/composted/recycled whatever.

Real trees are probably far more aesthetically pleasing to some, but you have to remember that they have no roots and are dying a slow death. I think that's just cruel.

I've always wanted a real Christmas tree. I remember going to my ex boyfriend's house one Christmas and they had a big, real one and it was gorgeous! I pratically begged my mum for a real one then next year, but she didn't give in. :(

When I have my own place I'm gonna get a real one for sure! I might even have a pet reindeer... how cool would that be?! :P

Real trees are the best ones, because they are plants the absorb Co2 therefore contributing to the removal of it from the atmosphere, and although they do get cut down, they still remove carbon from the atmosphere, and once christmas is over, there can be shredded and used as either Bark chippings or an addition to the Compost bin,

Fake trees have no advantages apart from they can be re-used, which, although cheeper, the chemicals that they are made from are hard to dispose or as they do no Biodegrade, and often cannot be recylcled.

LOVE WILL TEAR US APART

I think real trees. We have only ever had real trees. The University have some fake ones around and it's just not the same. The smell is something that makes me think of Christmas.

However I don't appreciate having to get the pine needles out of the carpets for weeks afterwards, as that is always my job....

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'