Unofficial Mills

Dick and Dom to present Radio 1 show

Jono

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing this back up...

Dick and Dom WILL present a Radio 1 show. They'll be presenting Friday's Early Breakfast starting Friday 2nd February at 4am.

It's initially for February but they're hoping that they'll be able to guarantee themselves a regular slot on the station.

Well that will most certainly get me up on a Friday!

I haven't been getting up on Fridays until 7 compared to getting up at 5.30/6am when JK and Joel are on

I find them quite entertaining. The Bunaglow show had quite a cult following like Spongebob Square Pants, so I'll be see interested to see how well they go down on radio. They were entertaining back in May when they did the Mills show.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to it on listen again now, i think they are coping quite well, seem to have got the hang of it.

i think Dom's nervousness is down to that Dick was pushing the buttons. so he may feel a bit lost cos dick has done radio before. like when you go to your parents work when your a lil kid

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

He thinks real Radio 1 listeners aren't Big Brother viewers, don't care about seeing the Kaiser Chiefs live, going to pop concerts, or care about entertainment news. The last might be true, but two five minute reports a day hardly kills any one. I see no point living in the past. Methinks I'll fall on death ears here though...

yeah push me out that little bit more. afterall i have done nothing here.

i'll give you more than that. not many people will understand becuase most on here have only started listening to radio 1 in the last 2 years at the most. but i think not any specific show but radio 1 as a whole seemed to be more creative and less repetative. sure they talked about bands of the time and so on back then. but not as often as they do today, take chris moyles for example. for those of you who dont know he did early breakfast like jk and joel do today in the late 1990's before he went onto afternoons. and i have one or two shows from then on mp3. those compared to most of his breakfast shows today are more creative and more lets say interesting. even as soon 2 to 3 years ago, you had the fire alarm incident and when they went to euro 2004 to name a few. now you cant seem to find that around.

on the grid.

yeah push me out that little bit more. afterall i have done nothing here.

i'll give you more than that. not many people will understand becuase most on here have only started listening to radio 1 in the last 2 years at the most. but i think not any specific show but radio 1 as a whole seemed to be more creative and less repetative. sure they talked about bands of the time and so on back then. but not as often as they do today, take chris moyles for example. for those of you who dont know he did early breakfast like jk and joel do today in the late 1990's before he went onto afternoons. and i have one or two shows from then on mp3. those compared to most of his breakfast shows today are more creative and more lets say interesting. even as soon 2 to 3 years ago, you had the fire alarm incident and when they went to euro 2004 to name a few. now you cant seem to find that around.

I take all those points - don't necessarily agree with all of them, but they are pretty much opinion based, so that doesn't matter. I still don't understand what you meant by "media obsessed". It IS the media, isn't it? Or a significant part of it.....?

I take all those points - don't necessarily agree with all of them, but they are pretty much opinion based, so that doesn't matter. I still don't understand what you meant by "media obsessed". It IS the media, isn't it? Or a significant part of it.....?

at least you see it's an opinion and dont try to break my neck just becuase i have my own views.

anyway in the past they didn't circulate around the same things as much as they do today. it's somthing which i may be able to see more becuase i have been listening to radio 1 for so long and i have the recordings to look back on at my disposal. it's somthing you have to hear to be honest. when the old one big weekend events and such used to come along they did promote them a lot (not as much as they do today), the only thing i used to notice is when mark and lard used to promote them they used to rustle papers around and such to make them sound scripted. thats the only difference really in that sense, there did used to be some crap music around too like dj pied pipers 'do you really like it' which i never look back on fondly.

as for the celeb stuf and big brother. well when big brother came around 6 or 7 years ago i remember moyles taking a liking to it, fair enough he mentioned it said what he thought, discussed it and left it at that. but around 2003 i remember switching his afternoon show off becuase he must of spent a big amount of time talking about it. and it kind of went on from there and carried on to the breakfast show. the entertainment bullitens like at 6.30 aren't that bad becuase they aren't dragged out, and the one in jo's show. but in a lot of ways for me it's like having a track on repeat sometimes, you get fed up with it.

on the grid.