Unofficial Mills

American phonebook game - fake?

simonp

It is pre-recorded but I'm not sure if it's fake... the time difference in America would make it about 2am over there when the show is on. Also they need to phone the people back and check that they can play it. They do make it pretty clear that the calls aren't live though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Those names exist. Someone stupidly posted their numbers recently. A search does bring up the American phone book. Of course it's pre-recorded, it's the breakfast show, they're not stupid enough to call up any old stranger in the middle of the morning. Scott's show is about slickness, and that's why he tends to pre-record stuff.

But still, it's my kind of immaturity! And if it makes Georgina look unstable, then it's welcome... :P Welcome to the forum by the way.

The time zone thing could work, at least for the afternoon show. It comes on at 11AM here. The Chris Moyles show does come on at 2AM. I just wonder if they were going through the ENTIRE phone book name by name. I hope not. I quite like Harry Willy! And wouldnt they notice Scott's British accent and get suspicious? I mean, I never meet people with British accents. I'm sure they have no way of knowing its on national radio, unless they listen to Radio 1. I think its kind of mean, but still amusing.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

I'm sure it's real - even in the UK you get funny names, anyone who works in as job dealing with the public can tell you...and yes we do laugh at them and shout them round the office and say "I'd marry just to change that" and laugh a lot :D

He has to record it of course but that doesn't make it fake, I believe it's really real.

UM is a nice place