Unofficial Mills

Things to talk about...

Jono

Well, if you go there with some rehearsed conversations, it might be kind of awkward. If you click with someone, the conversation should flow after a while, although you'll probably both be nervous at first. Maybe find out what bands she's in to and talk about those? Or if she's in your year, talk about exam results, as it's something you'll have in common, even if it's not something you particularly want to discuss.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

O.k. Start off with the easy ones TV shows, films, books, music, gigs etc... then see where it goes...Exams would be an obvious one at this time of year.

The best advice I can give is get her talking about herself...all people love to do this so if you can get her to talk about herself she'll think your really interested in her and you'll go up in her estimation.

This is actually true of anyone, just ask lots of Who, Where, What, When, Why and How questions. A good example is to ask her about her holidays, ask her where she went, what she did, who she went with, Why she went there, How much did she like it etc...Just remember to resist the temptation to talk about yourself too much (all people have this)

Most importantly with a girl and this is serious, every so often when she's talking make little "mm-hm" noises and nod your head and obvoisuly look at her when she's talking. It's a little guesture that let's her know your actually listening to what she's saying and not just thinking of what to say next. Women need to hear this every so often but men aren't accustomed to doing it so you'll have to remember that it's important.

Also don't play with your hair, don't say "um" or "err" to much, sound confident in everything you say. Laugh at her jokes but not too much, a chuckle is sufficient. Always offer to get the first round in, even if it's only Coke and chips and don't be pursuaded otherwise no matter how much she insists, if it comes to it tell her she can get the next lot in.

When you first see her, compliment her, not in a general "you look great" way, but pick something specific, generally you can't go wrong with shoes or hair, pick one and tell her how good it looks but don't go overboard or she'll think you gay.

If at any point there's an awkward silence that's getting worse, nip it in the bud as soon as you can. Just say anything, talk about something you saw on the news, read in a paper, anything to get the conversation moving again.

Have just realised I'm sounding like a dad now so will stop.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

well i could act a loon and say talk about different sex positions. but you have to save that until later in the night.

dont tell her you run a scott mills fansite or let her know this place exists becuase she will see you as a nark and leg it. i presume you are going to see a film i haven't been told much about this and info is scattered. well you can talk about that, talk about some of your old faveorite bands. tell her some of the mad things your freinds (if you have encountered any) have done in the past. and mabie make her laugh with some of the chrazy stuff you have done in the past. yes you might feel a little foolish but making girls laugh is a big key, use the flash wipes saga if you need to but if you have done anything like shutting a dog in a garage for 4 days on purpose then dont say it. becuase you dont want to sound too much of a fool.

just keep her amused, buy her things if need be. if you see somthing humorus just mention it and make use of it to make her laugh. it is crazy you cant plan anything, i dont know how i do it but i have always found things to talk about. being funny is great i left a girl in stitches once when i left her to head home and i dont class myself as funny really. mabie she was laughing at me who knows but if that were the case she was mad enough to go out with me.

then take her to ann summers.

on the grid.

Somehow I think you're the one quite desperate. The poor guy has to change his name from Aaron to Ryan and register under different aliases. That seems, to me, more of an issue. Least we have your hilarious posts.

dont tell her you run a scott mills fansite or let her know this place exists becuase she will see you as a nark and leg it.

That was partly why she liked me

Just make sure you dont talk about Scott to much as you may come across you are more interested in Scott's company than you are hers, and ofcourse she may text "getmeoutofhere" :razz:

I've never seen you so desperate for posts... trying to up your rating are you?

I doubt it, because posts in this area won't add to your postcount.

Anyway, I'd like to reiterate Geezer's point: Don't overdo the Scott Mills talk, because past a point it will be too much for her. But I guess this advice is a bit late anyway, because you're probably there already. Hopefully you'll be going on a second date soon though :)

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'