Unofficial Mills

It's getting hotter...it's a heatwave!

Jono

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been pretty damn hot here today. Just walking down the street is horrible because with the heat from the roads coming up and the heat from all the cars there are these hot gusts of air. I went to Makro today which was horrible in some places, like being in a greenhouse, but I went to the huge freezer department and cooled down nicely. Then I went swimming sadly in an indoor pool but it was quite nice. Then I set up a paddling pool I just bought in my garden which involved a lot of work to inflate the damn thing and I almost passed out for lack of air and then filling it with a watering can but it was all worth it. I have a new fan for tonight as well, got my dad to set it up for me because like many people, I can't assemble a fan.

Now I am sitting in my bedroom with the windows open and a cold drink and I just ate an ice lolly so I'm alright :) I've had loads of cold showers today and it's helped to cool me down. The worst bit was walking along the pavement outside with bare feet, hurt so much.. stupid me. Could have fried an egg there...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Try being in a hot vet theatre guys :| we couldnt have any fans on because of the dust blowing around into animals wounds so every 5 minutes we kept popping outside into the breeze.

I spent this evening/late afternoon sun bathing in my garden and got a bit burnt and at the moment I have my Fan on 3..which is blowing paper around everywhere..ah well.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Just got back from work...I am so glad to have air con. My Gallileo Thermometer has all of it's balls down still! I really hope tomorrow is a better day as it's my first day off in a week although they've predicted thunderstorms for London...typical.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Was listening to Newsbeat earlier today, they were getting people to phone in with how they were dealing with the heat. A guy rang in who was driving a lorry...delivering 50,000 ice lolly's...no prizes for guessing how he kept cool.

What a job on a day like this.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

IT IS OFFICIAL Bodham had a stubble field fire today and being the good citizen i am i was one of the first on the scene. the wind was blowing away from the village and the firecrews bought it under control and only a few acres were burned

LOVE WILL TEAR US APART