Unofficial Mills

"We put the gentle in dental"

Jono

To quote my dentist.

Do you hate your teeth? I hate mine! The dentist put some ideas in to my head yesterday, as I have two half fake front teeth.

He said in a few years (obviously when it comes to paying!) I could get them whitened, crowned and one of them straightened. Probably a lot of money, but I'd be happy to pay for them. May be a bit vain, but I hate my teeth :cry:

Hmm my dentist is pretty good, and my mum helps him with accounts, so I get a bit of a discount. My orthodontist however is a b***ard, he's so callous and because it's the NHS they try to fit 3 people into one 5 minute appointment.

My orthodontist wanted me to wear elastic bands which would mean I couldn't open my mouth for 3 weeks, and told me that during my exams. I had an argument with him because I thought my teeth were fine so he said "well in that case come back tomorrow and I'll take the braces off then!" which meant I took another half day off school but I got my braces off which was great. I think my teeth are fine personally but he made me sign a disclaimer to say I wouldn't sue if they weren't perfect :-|

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Last time I went to the dentist I had to have 2 fillings. Not my fault apparently, because I brushed my teeth about 6 times a day when I had the brace on, but I had metal over some of my teeth and had to have fillings where the metal had been. I also had 2 teeth taken out about 18 months ago, that was horrible, because I didn't realise they literally yanked them out for some reason.

I hate my teeth but they aren't in that much of a bad condition. I still have a few baby teeth, and one of my adult teeth has started growing over a baby tooth. According to my dentist once the milk tooth falls out, the adult one will just fall into place. Here's hoping!

Technically I still have a baby tooth, think I'll have to have it taken out 'cos it's causing the tooth above it to grow in the wrong place. My old orthodontist was a b-word as well, he told me off for not brushing my teeth hard enough and wanted me to have surgery on my jaw 'cos apparently it's mis-aligned. But it's not causing me any discomfort so to be quite honest I don't care if it is mis-aligned. Mind you, I'll be glad to get rid of this baby tooth, feel a bit stupid still having one considering I'm 18.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I also had 2 teeth taken out about 18 months ago, that was horrible, because I didn't realise they literally yanked them out for some reason.

I think the worst part is when they get the pliers and then start wiggling your tooth from side to side until it goes CRACK before stuffing your gob with cotton pads to stem the flow of the bleeding!. Not a very fun experience.....

Yeah, but I refused to have my mouth filled up with cotton wool, because I can't stand the feel of it in my mouth, so I had to spend the entire day and evening lying on the sofa waiting for my gums to stop bleeding :cry:

Also I hate the way you can kind of feel it grinding as they loosen it, it's horrible *shudder*

Oh god yeah I had to have an X-Ray just after I turned 16 for the braces. I hated it. Since then I've got used to having random things shoved in my mouth (no second meaning to that, so no comments please) but at first I found the orthodontist a horrible experience. I had a piece of metal across the roof of my mouth for over a year :-?