Unofficial Mills

Heatwave

Mike

I have just about had enough of this hot weather...

i can't get to sleep at night, and i wake up boiling...i have the fans on full power all day when i am nmot here in an attempt to cool the place down...and the air is so dry its almost hard to breathe

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!...

i want snow...and lots of it...

[/Rant]

Are you getting annoyed with the current spell of hot weather?

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

It thundered here at 6am. Now it's all cloudy and foggy and drizzling. I'm fed up too though, I just can't sleep or do anything. I really want to take a cold shower, but the showers here have one temperature which is so hot it burns. I burnt myself unjamming the toaster this morning too. I can't wait to leave this crappy school in some ways and get away from all the annoyances like toasters and showers and computers that don't work properly.

I was planning on going to the beach today but I think I will just stay here actually. It looks like it's going to rain again. The air outside is cooler but really still, so inside it's still really hot :(

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

According to last night's Evening Standard, the whole of South East England is going to be battered by storms this morning and really heavy hail and we are supposed to expect flash flooding everywhere. I haven't noticed much of that, just a bit of thunder and rain, but I listened to the local news and apparently bits of the A23 and M25 are out and part of the railway line is out due to lightning strikes, so maybe I should be glad I'm back here now and not trying to travel today...

yeah you london area guys are getting our northern ireland storm that we had the other night, make sure you have plenty of candles or a backup generator

My friend's house about 4 miles away got hit by lightning and his computer is broken :-?

Right now though I'm nice and cool cos I'm sitting by an open window, one of the few windows round here that actually opens properly -- they were screwed shut because it's a boarding school but we got them to open them. Such a cool breeze, it's sooo nice :)

Partly, and so no one falls out - health and safety and all that.

In my first year here I remember a cushion went flying out of one of the windows one night when some boys were fighting in here and hit someone outside on the head. But now they've spoiled the fun by putting bars over the window :(

In my room the window is double glazed but it can open pretty far.

Mum just bought me a new fan for my room (fully assembled of course :-p) and it's brilliant! Really cooled me down.

I've found a few problems with it though:

• 1. Can't light any ciggies, the lighter keeps blowing out.
  • 2. Have to be careful with a lit ciggie. If I hold it the wrong way, I get an eyeful of ash!
  • 3. My posters keep blowing off the walls. Have now learnt to not put it on spin.

Kelly, you smoke in your own house and you are only 14 (nearly 15) and your parents dont mind? :???:

I know loads of people who smoke in their houses and their parents dont know(ie 2am hanging out of the window)

I dont smoke and I never will just to clarify!

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Yeah, my mum and sister are asthmatic and my dad's dad died of smoking so my family are also very opposed to smoking and although I have friends who smoke I've never had any desire to do it myself.

Kelly do you buy your cigarettes yourself or get someone to buy them for you? An 18 year old friend of mine recently got refused when she tried to buy cigarettes for not having ID...