The Football Season 2006/07

DC

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the papers ar expecting him to pull off miracles, newcastles season is over so whats the need? and i'll be suprised if he does score in the remaining games at all, he's far from match fit. he will have to do extra training in the summer to get him prepared for next season.

on the grid.

Leeds are down. And I am gutted. You've got some people saying that its not 'mathematically' over, but do you see Leeds scoring 9 past Derby? Nor do i. But we'll be back, even if its not straight away, it will happen! MOT

i do feel sorry for leeds becuase i am a reasonable person. but try to ignore all the gloryhunters that are laughing at it and never go to watch their own team play. walsall are bouncing back for example and i dont think you'll get as bad as they were, you should tear that leauge apart heres hoping for you.

thinking of other proper teams with proper fans, well done to wolves. play offs seem that much closer.

on the grid.

Yeah. Like you said earlier look at Forest, they are on there way back slowly. They we're Champions of Europe. We were Champions of Europe 38 years ago this week. 6 Years ago this week we were playing Valencia in the Semi finals of the Champions League (alot of fans believe that is where the problems started). What I fear now is that we might be deducted points at the beginning of next season, because just after Ipswich's goal, the fans invaded the pitch for about 30 Mins, and then we had the most pointless 1 minute of football I've ever known.

I know we'll lose players, players like Healy and Cresswell wont be playing there next season, and Gary Kelly has officially left Leeds as well now (after 16 years!) and we've relied on alot of Loan players this season so they will be at there parent clubs again. One good thing though, we get the West Yorkshire derby back. Leeds Vs Huddersfield next season. That is a game i am looking forward to

take control

Southend are down also.....Was always going to happen really, never invested enougth in new players for the championship. Hopefully we can bounce back and come straight back up again...its enevitable we will lose players though.

On another note...what a comback from United...The 2nd half after Everton's 2nd goal they were Amezzin!! Great to see that Phil Neville will always be a red.....another great goal from Rooney, and amazing coolness form Chris Eagles....

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

Gutted, St Johnstone overtook Gretna in the Division 1 on points for most of the match, St Johnners beat Hamilton 4-3 and are awaiting the Gretna result, only for Gretna to score in the 90th+ minute and snatch the league title :cry:

I hope Gretna get absolutely shafted in every game they play next season, they don't even have a proper stadium so will have to groundshare with Motherwell.. St. Johnstone are an SPL team and it would have been great to have Jason Scotland back in the SPL after the farce that happened a few years ago with Dundee Utd.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

i wouldn't mind him at the toon, above all though i would like to see him at england. but that will never happen becuase he isn't a yes man to the fa.

I think McLarren needs to be given a proper chance. But knowing the English Media and the F.A buckling under pressure, he wont last long.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

i think it's hillarious how the media are upstaging owens return already, like its all finished for him. the fact is i didn't expect them to win away at reading with the form that they are in. but i am suprised at owen, he was far the best 3 out of him martins and ameobi, played really well considering that he has had one of the worst injurys a footballer can have. martins and ameobi wasted two great chances. i would even say he looked in better shape tonight than he even did at the world cup. he played 95 mins, was getting stuck into tackles, showed some good skill etc. but of course we are screwed over once more by losing emre and sibierski, the injury wave never stops. i honestly think even if we had the bench that chelsea have, we would still be in as much trouble.

we have blackburn at home who we beat away earlier in the season and we are away to watford. a good chance for owen to get some more matches under his belt and mabie even score.

on the grid.

i really hope liverpool go on to win the cup now. there was nothing inbetween them tonight though, i thought lampard would of been the only chelsea player to miss becuase he is english not scottish, but it turned out the opposite way.

well there is an english team in the final, i would especially love it if they won it now.

on the grid.

Oh dear so thats why roman abramovich wasn't at the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6615493.stm

Well done liverpool and come on Man Utd (now theres a sentence that i didn't think i'd say)

Who'd be a leeds fan eh

Ken Bates could put Leeds into administration - then legally buy the club back on the cheap, according to city experts. There is nothing to stop the chairman forcing the measure by recalling the money he has already loaned the cash-strapped club, believed to be around £10million. With no means of paying it back, the administrators would be forced to move in...

With no real assets left following the massive sell-off to administrators, of course Bates would only get a tiny fraction of his money back. But then so would the tax man and other major creditors before being sent away with their tails between their legs. Inevitably there would be further redundancies as well as a massive clear-out of playing staff, but then the club would be ripe for a cut-price acquisition' - The Daily Express achieve the impossible, and lower our opinion of Ken Bates even further.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

zenden scored a penalty, but i still think he is crap to be honest. he still wasn't picking out people well with crosses on the left, so that means its all the better when harry kewell comes back for liverpool. i think it's the beggining of the end for chelsea now, starting with lampard. he has been showing why he is not good enough to play in a top 4 club latley and mabie could be on the move soon, mabie a newly promoted club like sunderland or birmingham could suit him.

it's a shame really becuase 3 years ago i considered him one of our best players for england, and he was even voted that for the euro 2004 competition. but since then he's not been the same really. the best chelsea player last night was joe cole, he never stopped trying and getting involved and i think someone like liverpool should try and get him if they can. if they did, it would mean that the chances of gerrard on the right all the time would be cut.

on the grid.

Much sense said there DC i'm surprised zenden was subbed earlier and was drawing a lot of comments in the pub although not as many as the chelsea fans who were gobby as funk till agger scored and then never uttered another word till they left at half time although the majority of them were lovely. We'd have jo cole and jose made me chuckle with his post match interview which put the former iraq information minister to shame.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Saeed_al-Sahaf

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

there was a bit of a conflict of whom he was going to play becuase i know agger is small and struggled with drogba in the first leg, and there was talk of hyypia coming into the side becuase of the size issue. but that never happened even though he was liverpools best player by far away to portsmouth.

i have said time and time again that riise should be played as a left sided midfeilder, everytime he is there he makes an impact. then agger as left back and carra and hyypia as centrebacks.

anyways, im looking forward to the weekend, playing blackburn and owen is starting again.

i'll be suprised anyway if chelsea win another trophy ever again now.

on the grid.