Unofficial Mills

International listeners!

Jono

We're looking for more international visitors! We know you're out there as I had a nice e-mail off of a Canadian today. Tell us how you got listening and visiting!

Groetjes uit Amsterdam :B) (greetings from Amsterdam), i listen to the show online whenever i can and allways download the pod cast. Love the show and love you all. Andy off of Amsterdam The Netherlands xOx :)

Hey everyone!

I'm from St. Petersburg, Russia. I've been addicted to the show since January and must confess that now I even can't fall asleep without listening to the podcast first :-) Glad that finally I'm not a lurker here anymore xD

• 1 month later...

hiyaaa. ian from philadelphia here. heard your millzy on vacation in northern ireland and never looked back. subscribed to sirius when i returned to the states, and i've got my computer set up so it turns each show into an audiobook for my ipod. i listen every day on my commute. brilliant! love you guys.

Hi from Houston, Texas in the States. Got hooked on the show after hearing it randomly on XM Satellite Radio late last year and I've been an avid fan since. The podcasts save my life on overnights, and I love hearing the music from "across the pond". Thanks for such a great place, love the extras from the show on here that we can't always view from outside the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I am off of Australia, so it goes without saying that I know Beccy, Tim Minchin and ride a kangaroo to work. I've been listening for 18mths now, after a friend living in the UK told me about the show... Im now completely addicted and a bone fide Radio 1 fan.

Cheers for the brilliant website Jono, you're a star.. oh and the Mills crew for the amazen show.

Hi, I'm Don and I'm Canadian. A friend I met through an online game recommended Radio One to me after I told them that I like the Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and wanted to hear more British bands. I've been downloading all the podcasts for Radio One that I can since October 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, from the US here, by way of the Netherlands.

My question is, is there anyplace where the podcasts have been archived? I noticed you guys have an archive, but they only go to a few months ago. I missed a few shows at the beginning of the month, and would like to hear them, but iTunes and the BBC no longer carry them.

Thanks in advance!!

We're looking for more international visitors! We know you're out there as I had a nice e-mail off of a Canadian today. Tell us how you got listening and visiting!

Howdy! In the spirit of this thread, I'm typing this from the state of Wisconsin, in the U.S.A. I "got" listening quite some time ago when I was searching "bbc" in the podcast section of iTunes. I started visiting this site because it seems to be a good (often better than the "official" bbc site) source of SMD info. I am visiting today in an effort to deturmine what happend to the podcast for the last few days as iTunes does not seem to be pushing any to my ipod and I have been unable to find them anywhere else. Any Ideas?

Love the site!

Cheers!

Zymu Habilis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Andrew off of Australia. Live near Newcastle which is about 150km north of Sydney.

First heard Scott while on a holiday in the UK a couple of years ago, although only got listening to the podcasts over the last 9 months. Have loved the build up to the Musical. Its a shame the show doesn't come on live here until 1 or 2 am, although occassionally listen to the replay of the full show on demand via the iplayer.

Also, the music is quite different (better IMHO) to mainstream Australian radio.

• 2 weeks later...

This' Weis from actual China.

Not actually new to this site as i spent quite a while lurking here. :*

Love this site, also enjoy the geeky talks of radio and music here. Geeks here all seem pretty nice~

Will be on board more often if i can resist the temptation of lurking :lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If they were going to do this, wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Danny at 10.30am and move Nat and Vicky to 1pm? I feel the idea of giving someone a job largely because of their sexuality isn’t particularly good either…
    • Right so prediction time. I think “Summer on Radio 1” which is on the schedule for Friday to Sunday 1-4 from June sticks around longer than the other changes in July. I think that lasts until September which is when we get the new weekend afternoon show. I think they’ll want to give Danny longer on air to see if they improve. I can’t see that happening, so my guess is in September they move Sam & Danni to weekend afternoons (at that point they’ll have been on weekend breakfast for a full year), and they bring James Cusack in to do weekend breakfast. 
    • If Aled decides to give Danny a full time role, even as part of a duo / trio, it'll be the most disappointing decision of his tenure. The fact Danny is still on air and hasn't been quietly moved on 'due to a change in plan' is bad enough!
    • I'd say Danny has been given a fair hearing - and hasn't been up to par. You don't want Radio 1 to be a closed shop - but not being able to usually get the Whatsapp number right should be a dealbreaker. Errors happen even to the best DJs at times but if you can't get the Whatsapp number right you really shouldn't have a regular role on the station. But if they really are that desperate to have Danny on the schedule full-time then pair him up with somebody who can actually handle the technical side. You think of all the capable DJs who are in duos and trios and then you have just have a rookie like Danny left solo.  The LGBTQ+ point too I have to say if true as a gay man feels a case of proper discrimination. It's good to have LGBTQ+ representation for sure but the key thing is that the DJ is good at the end of the day and say in 2021 there was loads of LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 in Scott, Grimmy and Adele Roberts among others but at the end of the day they were strong DJs entirely there on merit. And even now there's still LGBTQ+ talent on Radio 1 who are there primarily because they're bloody good broadcasters. Danny is not one of them.
    • There is a reason you don't know who is doing weekend afternoons yet. The plan is still to see how Danny Beard's trial goes on weekend mornings. Newspaper clippings have demonstrated Aled has been keen to push Danny Beard at the weekend and to give him a fair hearing. The plan looks to be to wait and see whether he improves in the next few weeks. The bosses still want more LBGTQ+ representation on the station.
    • I think they should just bring that back as was. It's been nearly 20 years, so do it with a whole bunch of new DJ's. 
    • I think this year has taught us we know nothing 🙂 Nobody would ever have credibly predicted Jordan leaving and all the changes that followed.   I have another interest outside radio and it is exactly the same - the stuff you never expect to happen is exactly what does.
    • Yeah they make the weekend shifts go so much quicker. Like today, the piece about Matt falling asleep in the cafe was funny, it's clear to see why they're going to weekdays. It could well be they were thinking of Danny for it and like you say have decided against that, or like I said at the start it's James Cusack and the slow down on the announcement is him getting out of his contract. Remember he works for radio 1's main rivals. I think it's quite telling that he's doing more r1 cover than usual, tomorrow and then a further 3 weekend shows in a row
    • Nat in for Dean with Vicky between the 28th-30th May.
    • I suspect they’re gonna tie the announcement into something, or they’ve changed plans. I know we’ve said it as a joke but I wonder if Aled was planning on giving it to someone like Danny Beard, but he’s decided against that after the last few weeks. Seems clear to me, though, that if Jordan hadn’t left, then Katie would’ve taken Dean and Vicky’s slot and Matt and Mollie would’ve stayed on weekends, which probably explains why they haven’t picked a replacement yet. If it was going to be the obvious choice, I.e. James Cusack, surely they would’ve announced it by now..?
    • Yep think they mentioned that this is their penultimate weekend of shows but then they will also be on air during Big Weekend and they mentioned they'll be doing 'Party Anthems' on stage during Big Weekend which sounds intriguing. Will miss Matt & Mollie on weekends - they in particular have made that Friday afternoon slot their own - but they'll be great on weekdays. Do wonder if 'Summer on Radio 1' is just a placeholder name until they decide on who will cover the interim. While it's obviously not the case it does feel like they've forgotten there's that weekend afternoon slot to fill given no permenant presenter has been announced for it yet.
    • Zoe Ball is back on the breakfast show on Monday.
    • Just listening to matt and mollie at work and heard them say it's their second to last show on weekends
    • And Arielle mentioned in her Instagram post that her final early breakfast show is the 27th of June - the Thursday before Glastonbury 
    • When Matt covered breakfast on 22nd April, he said their new show was starting in 10 weeks, so that’d be the 1st July.