Unofficial Mills

Mobile phones

Guest JJ

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to look after mine but every time I get a new cover the screen cracks within a couple of weeks and I have absolutely no idea how. I had one of those "indestructible" Nokia 5210s once, it was terrible, it just kept switching itself off every time I tried to make a call or send a text. In the end I borrowed my friend's old phone or used the one I got for my 13th birthday, because after a year that phone wouldn't turn on or anything and I didn't throw it about or anything. It took 3 years to get a new phone.

My dad first got a Motorola phone waaaay back, because of his job, when I was about 5 years old, and it was not a brick, it was a breezeblock. So that was in the early 90s. Until a couple of years ago both my parents still used Motorolas, despite them being absolutely terrible. Then my dad's work bought Nokias. Now both my parents have those little cheap non-colour screen Nokia's that cost £20 and sometimes my dad has 2 of them, a duty phone as well, and they all look them same, which gets a bit confusing.

I will get a new phone maybe in the next 6 months, but it'll probably be another Nokia, because they work best in my opinion and I care more about that than what they look like. You should never buy something on looks alone :-p

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I used to have a Sony Ericsson w550i but when I had my contract upgraded I went back to Nokia, it's a much better phone. Although the Sony was much better than the Razr, Motorola are truly rubbish!

w550i-mobile-phone.jpg

Sony Ericsson w550i

nokia_6111_175x242.jpg

Nokia 6111

The Nokia is so much better, it's slimline, easy to use and the radio is much better quality! I used to have one of these:

tsr_6630_126.jpg

It's by far the best phone I have ever had, the memory is phenomenal, the camera is as clear as day and it's really easy to use. Then my contract ended and I had to give it up. :cry:

Random question, but how many mobiles have people had, and how old were you when you first got yours?

I'm on my third, and I got my first when I was 13. But some people I know get a new phone every year, or more often.

I've lost count how many mobiles I've had, my first mobile was the Motorola Manhatten when I was around 13-14ish?, then I went onto Nokia's.... 3210, 5210?, 6110i, 5110, 6230......

Now onto my Sony Ericsson K750i, I will probably return back to Nokia's next June though as the joystick navigation on the Ericsson isnt very easy to use for folk with big hands!

Now onto my Sony Ericsson K750i, I will probably return back to Nokia's next June though as the joystick navigation on the Ericsson isnt very easy to use for folk with big hands!

Yep, that's my problem. Calling the joystick sensitive would be putting it mildly...

Although the Sony was much better than the Razr, Motorola are truly rubbish!

Thanks Kell

anyway i like motorolas

just look at this:

hehe my lovely phone

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/azza-16/v3blk.jpg

my first ever phone was a nokia 3210, then i went for a 3310

very good phones in their time

ive had about 20 phones in 4-5 years hehe

got my first one when i was 12

The 3310 was awesome. I never had one, but a lot of my friends did, and they were pretty much indestructible. I remember in year 9 english classes we just tried to beat each others' top scores at Snake 2 in most lessons.

20 phones Azza? That's a lot... do you still have them all though?

I really screwed myself over on a contract. Ended up with a massive bill. Took me a year to pay the money back to my mum and it was horrible, handing over piles of my money to her :cry:

As a result I am on Pay As You Go. I topped up £20 earlier and they gave me an extra £5 so it's not too bad.

Same! Phew, someone just as obsessive

Well, if im honest ive had at least about 20

I dunno i just like phones, me and my mates where always in competition with the other guys in school. Naturally enough me and my mates had the best and newest phones. My parents have spent crazy money on phones for me, i cant remember them all, as ive said ive had at least 20. I changed them as frequently as 4-5-6 months. I'll try and list as many of them as i can remember below:

• Nokia 3210 Was about £150 when i got it
  • Nokia 3310 Was about £200
  • Nokia 8210 Was £300
  • Nokia 8850 Was £450, Yes £450
  • Nokia 8210 again, Was about £250
  • Nokia 8890 Was about £350
  • Sony Ericsson T600 Was about £300
  • Sony Ericsson T68 Was about £300 (my first colour screen phone)
  • Panasonic GD55 Was about £200 (the smallest phone ive ever had! It was tiny!)
  • Panasonic G50 Was about £200
  • Motorola Razr V3 Silver Was £599 (The most expensive phone i ever had, but i had to get it, it was the ultimate in Phone design)
  • Current phone: Motorola Razr V3 Black Was about £200 (My sister wanted my silver V3, so i give her it and i bought the black one)

My next phone in a few months: Benq Siemens EF81 (Price not released yet)

Thats as much as i can remember, Yeah my parents are absolutely from the nutter planet but im not going crazy like this again. My next phone will do me for about 5 years lol:biggrin:

No mobile produced today will last 5 years, I'm sure of it.

That's actually insane. You could have bought so many other things with that money. But I guess people have different values.

In terms of lasting, phones are terrible value. My first phone cost £60 and still pretty much works, although it had to be repaired after it fell out of my pocket while I was climbing out of a window and the battery smashed. I was 13... don't ask. My current phone is fine except I've screwed over the battery by listening to Scott Mills too much and it rarely lasts a day without being charged now. I might buy a new battery, I might just not bother.

I still can't understand paying £600 on a phone. In terms of price per gram, that's probably worse than buying a high capacity SD card or USB stick.

I've had loads of phones...

Nokia 5110

Nokia 3310

Motorola V50

Nokia 6510

Nokia 7650

Orange SPV

Nokia 3650

O2 XDA

Nokia 3650 (again)

Sony Ericsson T610

Nokia 6600

Nokia 6230

Nokia 6680

Motorola V3

Nokia 6230i

Recently I've not really been bothered about upgrading... in the past year I've only had the V3 and the 6230i (I think).

Regards,

Olly.