Unofficial Mills

Is Scott’s show winding down??

Mike123

Things like Bingo and Tap End returning have always been used in sentences like “well they haven’t brought Innuendo Bingo back yet, and they keep talking about it, so Scott’s got time left on Radio 1”.  But with the Heart rumours happening before January, and now with Scott and Chris bringing back Bingo, and potentially Tap End from the look of Instagram, do we think this could sadly be Scott preparing to leave, or at least move slot, and begin the transition to Radio 2.  The show itself really feels like it’s winding down at the moment, but what do we all think?

23 minutes ago, Jono said:

I saw the fact they've brought back Innuendo Bingo in a big way as a vote of confidence in the feature and the show. I don't see him winding down at all at the moment.

I never really thought about it that way.  I’d be so sad if Scott left, but he deserves something better than 1-4pm, it’s really sad he never got Breakfast.

1 hour ago, Jono said:

I saw the fact they've brought back Innuendo Bingo in a big way as a vote of confidence in the feature and the show. I don't see him winding down at all at the moment.

Radio 1 won’t be putting a vote of confidence in a nearly 45 year old host, it feels more like a swan song. It’s obviously about relevance over age but still.

11 minutes ago, Mike123 said:

Radio 1 won’t be putting a vote of confidence in a nearly 45 year old host, it feels more like a swan song. It’s obviously about relevance over age but still.

Radio  1 won’t get rid of Scott. Not yet. Innuendo Bingo is back and if Tap End is back. This could be a sign that Scott’s just going for a throwback phase. 

Thinking about it Scott&Chris could be winding down and going to send the show off.

But I doubt they will go any time soo.

1 hour ago, anothernerd said:

Radio  1 won’t get rid of Scott. Not yet. Innuendo Bingo is back and if Tap End is back. This could be a sign that Scott’s just going for a throwback phase. 

Thinking about it Scott&Chris could be winding down and going to send the show off.

But I doubt they will go any time soo.

I suppose at this point it's not a question of why, but when he'll leave.  It can't be far away, he's managed 20 years, an astonishing achievement.  

1 hour ago, Marcus17 said:

Let's not forget, Scott has the most airtime out of all the presenters on BBC Radio 1, one of his shows including the drivetime slot on Fridays. I reckon he's got at least a few more years before he leaves.

He's had an absolutely astoundingly successful Radio 1 career, but I can't see many of the weekday DJs lasting years more.  (Clara, Grimmy, even Scott).  Maybe Scott will start covering for Radio 2, and do weekends/the chart.  I really don't want him to leave afternoons, but he's got to make a move to greener pastures at some point.

1 hour ago, Mike123 said:

He's had an absolutely astoundingly successful Radio 1 career, but I can't see many of the weekday DJs lasting years more.  (Clara, Grimmy, even Scott).  Maybe Scott will start covering for Radio 2, and do weekends/the chart.  I really don't want him to leave afternoons, but he's got to make a move to greener pastures at some point.

I could see Scott just doing podcast

Because late last year he did The Strictly Come Dancing Podcast and now Eurovision. So this could be a sign, Just saying!

12 hours ago, Jono said:

I think your right, although I wasn't overly impressed with Bingo, preferred it in the studio being more raw than as staged as it was

I can see him being used for Radio 2 cover, seeing as Sara is not going to be the breakfast cover anymore 

12 hours ago, Mike123 said:

I never really thought about it that way.  I’d be so sad if Scott left, but he deserves something better than 1-4pm, it’s really sad he never got Breakfast.

He's the breakfast show presenter that never was in a way; someone mentioned that Greg is "transitional" between Grimmy and a new show in a year or two, IMO Scott should have been the "one" between CM and Greg, people always knew Greg was going to get it one day, I reckon Scott should have got it in about 2011 to 2015/6 then Greg took it over 

2 hours ago, Lee E said:

He's the breakfast show presenter that never was in a way; someone mentioned that Greg is "transitional" between Grimmy and a new show in a year or two, IMO Scott should have been the "one" between CM and Greg, people always knew Greg was going to get it one day, I reckon Scott should have got it in about 2011 to 2015/6 then Greg took it over 

With Greg being an older, quite mainstream, transitionary (in a way) host (he’s hardly the next Grimmy), it almost feels like Scott should have got it now for a couple years instead.  Swapping Scott and Moyles didn’t happen because management through it would be “like for like” and they needed someone to make the show a lot younger, you could argue Scott would have done this.  But they’ve just done what they refused to do with Scott, they’ve swapped like for like, Greg now is like Scott in 2012, except he got breakfast, and didn’t get sidelined.

4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I could see Scott just doing podcast

Because late last year he did The Strictly Come Dancing Podcast and now Eurovision. So this could be a sign, Just saying!

I can’t see that, Scott is a radio guy through and through, it’s his passion, it’s all he’s always wanted to do.  He wouldn’t just do a podcast.  Podcasts will more be a side project.  

Just going back to the book thing that was posted on his insta, I think it might be tap end but what about Lolathon 2? I seem to remember they used a book as the picture for the first one! 

I still think it will be Tap End though especially as they’ve been playing old ones on the podcast! 

2 hours ago, Lee E said:

I can see Scott being snapped straight up by a commercial rival as soon as he gets dropped from daytime on R1 

The heart thing must be true

While we are on this - can we discuss Mills and Moyles; I thought they were good friends? seems not 

He’s really snipey about moyles these days.  Is it Breakfast show resentment?  Surely not.

1 hour ago, Dan18F1 said:

Just going back to the book thing that was posted on his insta, I think it might be tap end but what about Lolathon 2? I seem to remember they used a book as the picture for the first one! 

I still think it will be Tap End though especially as they’ve been playing old ones on the podcast! 

Maybe a 48 hour lolathon, that would be incredible.  I wonder if either Scott or Greg could go after the longest show moyles record this year, I’d really like to hear that.

13 hours ago, Mike123 said:

Maybe a 48 hour lolathon, that would be incredible.  I wonder if either Scott or Greg could go after the longest show moyles record this year, I’d really like to hear that.

It is comic relief again this year, and Greg does his bit for sport relief, so could be another lolathon or a marathon show, I hope Greg is involved as well