Unofficial Mills

Visual Radio 1

thebaileysface

As much of a radio nerd that I am and as much as I love the visualised content, I do think radio should be radio and there should be some mystery and intrigue. Obviously, R1 is embracing visualisation and so it should but I wouldn't like it to become part radio station, part TV station. The way it is now is fine IMO, maybe have 1 day every 2 weeks where everything is visualised but a full implementation of it would be excessive IMO. Radio is radio. (don't call me old fashioned BTW, I'm only 19! ).

As much of a radio nerd that I am and as much as I love the visualised content, I do think radio should be radio and there should be some mystery and intrigue. Obviously, R1 is embracing visualisation and so it should but I wouldn't like it to become part radio station, part TV station. The way it is now is fine IMO, maybe have 1 day every 2 weeks where everything is visualised but a full implementation of it would be excessive IMO. Radio is radio. (don't call me old fashioned BTW, I'm only 19! ).

I agree with you here, I love that we get a sort of element of surprise.

Although maybe just one camera, the one at the top of the rooms, could be on all the time- with no editing just that camera and the radio sound. Then you are things but its very limited and simple, until somebody says "let's put the webcams on".

I'd love to show your comments to Radio 1s head of visual- so of anybody has views just comment. And I'll copy them and send them to him!

I would like to say to him that he his doing an amazing job at visual radio and would like to ask him if there are plans to visualise Grimmy's cycle challenge on Monday 17th March