Unofficial Mills

Jameela Jamil gets weekday slot!

steve24

Jameela Jamil has just tweeted that she will be taking over a weekday slot on Radio One in a few weeks time.She hasn't said which one though,or for how long..My moneys on Fearne's Maybe she's replacing Coxy for the last few months of her maternity leave.,and who knows maybe Sara has landed a job on radio 2 so has to leave anyway.I kind of thought Ben Cooper might experiment with one of the younger female DJs esp after the recent RAJAR figures showing too many older listeners sticking around.

Another thought is, Yasmin Evans has just been announced as co-presenter of the breakfast show on radio one extra.Is it possible they could be doing the same thing on Radio One with Jameela and Grimmy?

Jameela Jamil has just tweeted that she will be taking over a weekday slot on Radio One in a few weeks time.She hasn't said which one though,or for how long..My moneys on Fearne's Maybe she's replacing Coxy for the last few months of her maternity leave.,and who knows maybe Sara has landed a job on radio 2 so has to leave anyway.I kind of thought Ben Cooper might experiment with one of the younger female DJs esp after the recent RAJAR figures showing too many older listeners sticking around.

Another thought is, Yasmin Evans has just been announced as co-presenter of the breakfast show on radio one extra.Is it possible they could be doing the same thing on Radio One with Jameela and Grimmy?

She's covering a slot not taking over - my guess it'll be Glastonbury week when there will probably be a DJ shortage.

The way she spoke it sounded like it was something more than just a week or 2 filling in for a holidaying DJ.I could be wrong though. In any case I think we'll be hearing a lot more of Jameela in the years ahead on Radio One.It's clear that she's one of Ben Cooper's favourites!

"Oh jaysus! I'm being allowed to cover a day time slot on Radio 1 in a few weeks. LORD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL...Daytime Naughtiness." Is the tweet

I imagine she's covering Coxy for anything from a day to a week. (More likely a day)

true both presenters have shown there capabilities or even matt edmondson, dev, phil and alice please there are plenty of presenters capable of doing a better job!

If I'm right and it's to do with Glastonbury cover then there's probably not many DJ's around. Last time if I remember rightly there was cover all over the place with Dev on at Daytime, Matt, Scott, Dev, Tom and even Nihal (who was due to cover nick and Annie but ended up covering for Sara) covered the weekend. Think they might have even had to have an emergency prerecord for Nick and Annie.

Gemma Cairney is sitting in f or Coxy on thursday june 20 and friday june 21 so it could be that Coxy is taking a week and a half off and Jameela is sitting in the last week in june .That might explain the mystery of her tweet

Are you Chrisjames?