Unofficial Mills

Who Would You Want As New Breakfast Person?

oli

Ha. The Radio 1 Breakfast slot is never bigger than the DJ concerned.

Ive been breakfasting ever since Steve Wright even tolerating the hell of Greening and Ball but when Chris leaves, its bye bye Radio 1 for me. Theres no one on the horizon.

Mark and Lard wont be coming back for it and nor will my hero Kenny Everett. hmmm, I could be tempted by the Vic and Bob Breakfast show I suppose.

Ha. The Radio 1 Breakfast slot is never bigger than the DJ concerned.

Ive been breakfasting ever since Steve Wright even tolerating the hell of Greening and Ball but when Chris leaves, its bye bye Radio 1 for me. .

Oh bulls***. I swear to God. People THINK no-one can replace Chris, but no-one is indispensable. Figures may drop initially, then people get with the programme, and just get used to whoever is new (and no doubt exciting).

People need to grow up. I've said this before. If people would embrace R1 as a PACKAGE, rather than being all about individual DJs, they would get along a LOT BETTER.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

People need to grow up. I've said this before. If people would embrace R1 as a PACKAGE, rather than being all about individual DJs, they would get along a LOT BETTER.

Viv it's not a case of people needing to grow up, it's a case of their personal preference. Some people listen to Radio 1 because they love the statiom, the indentity, the "package" as you put it. You're obviously one of these people.

Now I love the whole Radio 1 "package", I think it's the best sounding station on the country by a mile, but the DJ is the most important thing for me. For example when I'm in the car in the mid morning, I'd love to be listening to R1. But I don't like Fearne's show, so I don't.

As for Moyles, I like his Radio show and him more than Radio 1. Therefore when he leaves, it's more than likely I'll follow him to his new station. I don't think this warrants me needing to "grow up", it's just I'm a Moyles fan over being an R1 fan.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

OK. Fair point. I think I've just always kind of refused to kind of get "too" enthusiastic about any DJ, because they all move on at some point.

I like a number of shows and different presenting styles, so it's kind of easy to go on listening anyway!!

Even I have to admit though, Moyles will be a damn hard act to follow!!

Oh bulls***. I swear to God. People THINK no-one can replace Chris, but no-one is indispensable. Figures may drop initially, then people get with the programme, and just get used to whoever is new (and no doubt exciting).

Afraid not Viv. Although my point has already been made above.

Ive got no interest or any particular allegiance in the future success of Radio 1's breakfast slot. Its not like, if I can show my age for a sec, hoping that The Big Breakfast can continue with a new host. Ive just got an interest in the non poppledoodle-do, Funny Farmstead style DJ's. My choice is very limited. Chris is sadly a rarity.

Yes, im sure Radio 1s breakfast slot can and will go on without Chris but I wont be in the audience. Maybe if Scot on the breakfast slot is allowed once more to create absolute havoc and mishief through wind ups and revenge calls then maybe ill stay on. Maybe a few Steve Wright like comedy characters joining Scott would be fun.

But as it stands, there would only be so many times I could listen to his best of Britney album in the morning.

Im not listening to The Breakfast Show - at this period in time hosted by Chris Moyles. Im listening to Chris Moyles - period.

. Maybe if Scot on the breakfast slot is allowed once more to create absolute havoc and mishief through wind ups and revenge calls then maybe ill stay on. Maybe a few Steve Wright like comedy characters joining Scott would be fun.

But as it stands, there would only be so many times I could listen to his best of Britney album in the morning.

Im not listening to The Breakfast Show - at this period in time hosted by Chris Moyles. Im listening to Chris Moyles - period.

Scott doesn't seem to be doing the Britney stuff these days, Hawkeye!!

And I'm not so sure the lack of mischief calls is his fault. These days, everything has become so PC that anything out of place has become a crisis, and may make it difficult for anyone to successfully move into breakfast. I dunno.