Unofficial Mills

Lily Allen still not a fan of Fearne

Jono

I was making a music video.

And you just made me upset. I hate people who can't spell simple words. I feel like dying. My only excuse is that I hate my bloody iPod sometimes, the keyboard is horrible. And the U is next to the Y.

Can we all move on and forget this ever happened? PLEASE?

I promise you on my life, on the life of Lily Allen, on my little brother's life, on your life, on everybody's life, I can spell buy.

*hangs head in shame, cries, contemplates suicide*

So you tell other people off and make fun of them for mispelling, but complain when someone does it? :*

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was making a music video.

And you just made me upset. I hate people who can't spell simple words. I feel like dying. My only excuse is that I hate my bloody iPod sometimes, the keyboard is horrible. And the U is next to the Y.

Can we all move on and forget this ever happened? PLEASE?

I promise you on my life, on the life of Lily Allen, on my little brother's life, on your life, on everybody's life, I can spell buy.

*hangs head in shame, cries, contemplates suicide*

In one of your previous posts you spelt 'buy' as 'by'. Just saying.

Kitty <3

So you tell other people off and make fun of them for mispelling, but complain when someone does it? :*

Only when they can't spell. If it's a typing error, it's a typing error.

Good example. About 18 days ago, on the last day of term, my friend wrote a status on Facebook: SUMMER HAS BEGUN.

Some boy I don't know wrote: YEY!

I was a bit of a bitch to him about spelling.

396 comments later, we have had many random conversations, and I've found out how nice he is. ;)

Anyway, if it wasn't for that, there would be no love in the world.

**** I actually have no idea what relevance that has. *sigh*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Only when they can't spell. If it's a typing error, it's a typing error.

Good example. About 18 days ago, on the last day of term, my friend wrote a status on Facebook: SUMMER HAS BEGUN.

Some boy I don't know wrote: YEY!

I was a bit of a bitch to him about spelling.

396 comments later, we have had many random conversations, and I've found out how nice he is. ;)

Anyway, if it wasn't for that, there would be no love in the world.

**** I actually have no idea what relevance that has. *sigh*

I've seen you pick enough other people up on it, particularly over iPhone/iPod/iPad when ALL the forms used are acceptable for one thing... but it's obviously OK for you to do it, so carry on ;) Also, how do you know when it's a typo and when it's a misspelling, do you have some device or 6th sense that tells you this? :doubt:

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I've seen you pick enough other people up on it, particularly over iPhone/iPod/iPad when ALL the forms used are acceptable for one thing... but carry on ;) Also, how do you know when it's a typo and when it's a misspelling, do you have some device or 6th sense that tells you this? :doubt:

Of course.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

She is quitting music. HER OWN MUSIC. She used to tour with Pro Green, so knows him well. Yes the song was 'recycled'. But what's wring with that? She annouced she was quitting music, months ago, if not a year. She hadn't done that 4 or 5 times. She wanted to go into acting, although her brother, Alfie didn't think this was a good idea...

She simply thought there was no money in music, due to illegal downloading. Not that she needs the money, she's only a few places behind Cheryl Cole in the Richest Female Singer or whatever. But then she did by that island, and was pretty broke...

I remember the show, and I never watched it.

Plus, Lily Allen doesn't need Fearne's support.. That much.

There you go

Kitty <3

Oh well. I nearly had a breakdown today due to Lily Allen. Listening to Who'd Have Known on repeat for the last two days eventually get's to you. I was making an animation music video-y thing for it.

Still, I love Lily Allen. Found a Lily Allen bag in lost property a few weeks ago. Finders keepers right? Love it. Love her.

Lily Allen hates most people, Cheryl Cole? Anyone heard the song Cheryl Tweedy by Lily?

But I don't trust her judgement that much, her favourite radio 1 DJ is Chris Moyles.

Btw, Lily is PREGNANT. Heard it today on newsbeat.

She toured with Pro Green. Woo.

LILY ALLEN IS BRILLI ALLENT. (:

You're one of those people who slag other artists off who apparently copy her because they sound similar to her when they sing (like Kate Nash, Eliza Doolittle) aren't you?

I've never understood that.

Also, I don't think you can compare Lily Allen to Cheryl Cole. The only likeness they have is that they are both semi-current female artists. Cheryl's fame came from being on a reality show, becoming a wag, ditching her band and then working on another reality show.

Lily Allen's fame came from being discovered by producers (when she teamed up with Mark Ronson, he was virtually an unknown too), finding fame on her own, and building up her reputation. Her Dad may be who he is, but essentially she still has her career now because of her own talents.

/rant

/coolstorybro

You're one of those people who slag other artists off who apparently copy her because they sound similar to her when they sing (like Kate Nash, Eliza Doolittle) aren't you?

I've never understood that.

Also, I don't think you can compare Lily Allen to Cheryl Cole. The only likeness they have is that they are both semi-current female artists. Cheryl's fame came from being on a reality show, becoming a wag, ditching her band and then working on another reality show.

Lily Allen's fame came from being discovered by producers (when she teamed up with Mark Ronson, he was virtually an unknown too), finding fame on her own, and building up her reputation. Her Dad may be who he is, but essentially she still has her career now because of her own talents.

/rant

/coolstorybro

I have never slagged off Eliza Doolittle or Kate Nash. I have said in the past that Kate Nash sounds similar to Lily, and my mum thought Eliza Doolittle sounded like her too. Lily's voice isn't extremely 'unique', and I don't feel other artists are copying her. I like your two examples, actually. Have both Kate Nash albums, and the Eliza Doolittle one.

I think, in this world, it's hard not to compare people. As you said, they are both semi-current female artists, and that's enough. People are always going to be compared to someone else, in whatever they do.

lily has a unique voice, she writes her own music & lyrics, she is one of the best singer/songwriters to come from the UK in the last few years, she did 99% of it on her own, she is unapologetic, she doesn't care if some people don't like her, she has fun doing what she does, she hasn't pretend to be something she's not & ended up up her own arse like some others.

lily is nothing like ms cole, ms cole was picked from a bunch of other women to fill a space in a girl group, they had a blonde, red-head, brunette etc she hasn't really got a talent well her looks i suppose if you like that sort of thing, you know superficial where as lily is a real woman.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZzaCobhtE&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZzaCobhtE&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEWyJDu8Zx8&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEWyJDu8Zx8&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aTOi7oBQE&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aTOi7oBQE&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:)

she criticised Jo Whiley who ALSO championed her music... that's gratitude for ya...

she criticized Jo because of the music she has to play on her show, there is a difference, Colin Murry left daytime because he didn't like the music he had to play.

you only have to listen to Jo & Feane in particular sucking up to bands & singers all the time when you know they don't like them, just because it's on the radio, more so on the Live Lounge sometimes i think i'm hearing a cat being strangled & Jo (then) Fearne come over "oh that was amazin - blah blah" & " there's a great response on the texts, amazing, fantastic etc).

it's all got blown out of proportion, Fearne knew how how this would pan out, maybe she should of made a better reply.

:)

lily has a unique voice, >

Yes, it's like listening to a banana-on-wheels on its way to El Pond.

Incidentally, I believe she may have been discussed on the Surgery on Sunday, 8th August 2010. Think I heard an ad for this?!

So, the pregnancy is worthy of the Surgery now!!!!?!?!?!

Enough. *rips own hair out, strand by strand*

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I have actually just watched the Lily Allen/jo stuff and I am APPALLED.

Obnoxious, immature and if you don't like Jo, don't hit the "on" button.

These videos, Alan, just prove every point I have ever made..... I think Elton j was remarkably restrained (a quick shove Ms Allen off the podium would have done it for me), but I just love his comment about "snorting her under the table".

Go for it, Elton!!!! There's some reality Alan!!! (and Elton knew it).

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0