Unofficial Mills

FIFA World Cup 2010 - South Africa

John

time & time again this happens, all this we have a easy group & then we loose against a good team, this is because they (England) cannot make the step up, if you play against poor teams that is how you will play yourself & that's one if the problems,

a other is that there is no team, there is no 'i' in team & they just play as individuals, they want the headline for themselves "Rooney won it for England" etc,

yet another is they they are not skillful enough, the passing is woeful at best as a England team, as individuals for their clubs they are not much better & i'm not sure if there were more English players in the Premiership would make any difference, yes there would be more players to choose from, but it would still be a mediocre bunch,

the manager has to take full responsibility, however in this case the players were very poor, ok Capello made some errors in sub's today, but the outcome would have been the same & the blame falls fully on the players,

cannot see Capello staying but the players want someone who will let them fuck-about & they don't like it when they have someone who will stand up to them, not sure if Hodgson will take it up, but i hope he doesn't, there are very few managers out there though & the only one with any realistic chance of getting anything out of the current players there are available is José,

the England managers job is a poisoned chalice, because as a team England are not as good as everyone thinks they are.

*maybe the Lampard goal would have changed the game to England's advantage, because everyone would have played differently, but i still think England would have lost.

:)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But if it had been given we'd have still had the momentum and not been so disheartened come half time...

Oh but it's faaaaaaaaaar too expensive to give us goal line technology! Y'know, that one camera would cost fortunes...

*edit* The England players are damn well skilful enough. Just they never fecking translate it to the matches that count.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

time & time again this happens, all this we have a easy group & then we loose against a good team, this is because they (England) cannot make the step up, if you play against poor teams that is how you will play yourself & that's one if the problems,

a other is that there is no team, there is no 'i' in team & they just play as individuals, they want the headline for themselves "Rooney won it for England" etc,

yet another is they they are not skillful enough, the passing is woeful at best as a England team, as individuals for their clubs they are not much better & i'm not sure if there were more English players in the Premiership would make any difference, yes there would be more players to choose from, but it would still be a mediocre bunch,

the manager has to take full responsibility, however in this case the players were very poor, ok Capello made some errors in sub's today, but the outcome would have been the same & the blame falls fully on the players,

cannot see Capello staying but the players want someone who will let them fuck-about & they don't like it when they have someone who will stand up to them, not sure if Hodgson will take it up, but i hope he doesn't, there are very few managers out there though & the only one with any realistic chance of getting anything out of the current players there are available is José,

the England managers job is a poisoned chalice, because as a team England are not as good as everyone thinks they are.

*maybe the Lampard goal would have changed the game to England's advantage, because everyone would have played differently, but i still think England would have lost.

Let's remind ourselves that in that EASY group, they only scraped through and didn't even win the group, furthermore that the group was won by a country where football barely registers as a sport.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

But if it had been given we'd have still had the momentum and not been so disheartened come half time...

Oh but it's faaaaaaaaaar too expensive to give us goal line technology! Y'know, that one camera would cost fortunes...

*edit* The England players are damn well skilful enough. Just they never fecking translate it to the matches that count.

i said that the goal would have made a difference, but i doubt that the way the players performed they would have been able to have scored again & held onto a lead.

i have to disagree with you on the skill levels of the England players, Becks had skill in the way he could take free-kicks, but no England player has any on the ball skill, we have no players like,

Tevez, Messi, Forlan, Villa

Kaka, Xavi, Ronaldo, Melo,

Ramos, Maicon, Lahm, Heinze

Casillas, Cesar

it is plain stupid that FIFA are still resisting tech on the game.

Let's remind ourselves that in that EASY group, they only scraped through and didn't even win the group, furthermore that the group was won by a country where football barely registers as a sport.

exactly my point, when they have to step up their game they don't have the time to react, if England had been in with Brazil & Portugal they would have known they had to perform from the off, instead they thought they would walk it & when they had to step up against Germany, they couldn't do it.

:)

In the end, goal or not (and it's pretty damn near impossible to deny it IS), the OTHER goals Germany scored meant that it didn't change the end result too much.

Not true at all. England conceded the 3rd and 4th goals because they chucked loads of players forward searching for an equaliser. Had it been 2-2, they would have had more defenders back.

Noone can say for sure what difference it would've made if that goal had stood. If it had been 2 all at HT England might have come out thinking they could win and played really well (which i doubt) or Germany could've hammered us even more and it's no good having defenders back if they can't defend. The bottom line is if you look back at the last 3 games in theory they should've won all of them easily,They just aren't good enough and it's all hype. I'm just glad they went out now so that they don't get humiliated by Argentina or even Mexico.

I dont watch/like/generally tolerate football at all, however I had to watch this as it was on at a friends place. Sad result really, the denied goal will have no doubt had an effect on morale and thats probably why the germans got another couple in in the second half.

I personally just can't wait for the world cup to be over, the North British (or scottish) mentality is pathetic when this time of year comes around, I have had to sit and listen to countless anti English rants and comments which if they were based towards any other country would generally be considered racist. Personally I think its nothing short of pathetic biogtry.

However I will be hoping that Holland get on alright, if they win the whole thing I stand to get a pretty nice sum of money from a sweepstake at work

Not impressed with censorship

I am not interested in football at all but thought it was sad to see England go out today. Yes, I am Scottish but I am also British and wanted England to do well. I am against all kind of bigotry, unfortunately many Scottish people didn't want England to win and I think it's pathetic, as is the bigotry toward Scotland by many England fans.
I agree its patietic, it is defintly a 2 way thing but I find that it is by far the scots who are worse, and I think it is down to jealousy.

Thing is, so many English fans also aim that bigotry at ALL other countries, not just Scotland, then dare to call it 'patriotism' (whereas the way they do it is far beyond patriotism and is in fact closer to 'racism'). For instance, I can imagine all the bitter anti-German headlines we'll get tomorrow now... even in the buildup there were tacky and stupid WWII references by idiotic tabloid hacks who obviously live in the past...

@AlistairRobb

Yes they DO always get hyped up, don't they, and usually it dooms them to failure too.

Not true at all. England conceded the 3rd and 4th goals because they chucked loads of players forward searching for an equaliser. Had it been 2-2, they would have had more defenders back.

England weren't good enough and we have to admit it. We couldn't score when we were 2-1 behind at half time so I don't think we would have scored if we'd just managed to get an equaliser, whilst the Huns looked like scoring all the time.

We've had 2 managers with almost perfect club records manage the national team in recent times and each time players like Rooney Lampard Gerrard player distinctly average and don't play as a team at all. That's the problem. We can't do an Ireland we have to face the facts. We are not good enough. The players are the problem.

fabio is a big part of the problem, sven did better than him. capello treated the camp like an army prison, had personal grudges aginst players (joe cole, michael owen), plus they had no freedom. too scared to sub rooney if he's playing bad. all that for the last 16? fuck off fabio, i'd rather have sven back or not go at all.

on the grid.

Had they got an equaliser, they probably would have got cocky or complacent, and still have lost. I mean the Germans managed to put 2 goals in when they DID have more defenders, didn't they?

I am not interested in football at all but thought it was sad to see England go out today. Yes, I am Scottish but I am also British and wanted England to do well. I am against all kind of bigotry, unfortunately many Scottish people didn't want England to win and I think it's pathetic, as is the bigotry toward Scotland by many England fans.

The hatred felt by fans against others is one of the things that really puts me off football, be it Celtic/Rangers, Scotland/England. It's very sad that many people use it as an outlet to hate on others.

However, I know that there are a lot of fans out there on all 'sides' who purely love watching football and are passionate for all the right reasons. Hope you are not too upset today and can enjoy watching the rest of the World Cup!

Do you know, you're the first Scot I have come across who thinks the whole football bigotry thing is ridiculous? I salute you!

I just don't understand why some Scottish people would rather anyone than England win the World Cup, etc., it baffles me as to why people don't support the country nearest to them when their own country sometimes don't make it into tournaments, it's crazy!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

As with a lot of bigotry most people just feel this way because they have grown up with people around them who feel this way. A lot of bigots don't have a mind of their own and don't even know why they 'hate' these other people. As you say it's often 'because they're English' etc.....hmmmm and your point is?

I don't really know if it is worse in Scotland, to be fair I have only really experienced it from a Scottish point of view so I couldn't really say who is worse.

It's a load of nonsense! Errr and as for 'sometimes don't make it into tournaments' I think you're being a bit generous there Emma, more like never, haha!

you're a one off, it's a shame more scots aren't like you.

it goes beyond a football thing for me. after 7/7 i remember thinking 'who's side are they really on?'

on the grid.

it baffles me as to why people don't support the country nearest to them when their own country sometimes don't make it into tournaments, it's crazy!

Wales don't support England.

Ireland don't support England.

Ireland don't support northern Ireland.

Wales don't support Scotland.

England don't support Wales.

England don't support Scotland.

England don't support France.

Could go on. Countires are rivals (many reasons; wars, etc.) and you would be hard pushed to find two countries beside each other who truely want the other to do well. Hell, more often than not the closer they are the more they don't want them doing well.

www.twitter.com/#!/AlistairRobb93

Wales don't support England.

Ireland don't support England.

Ireland don't support northern Ireland.

Wales don't support Scotland.

England don't support Wales.

England don't support Scotland.

England don't support France.

Could go on. Countires are rivals (many reasons; wars, etc.) and you would be hard pushed to find two countries beside each other who truely want the other to do well. Hell, more often than not the closer they are the more they don't want them doing well.

Indeed, think the only time this isn't the case is Eurovision. That said, the rivalries aren't always mutual. For instance, all the stuff the UK press throws at Germany, the Germans are more bothered about rivalries with other countries in central Europe, including places like Poland from what I can gather from German friends.