Unofficial Mills

Ground Zero

DC

When i was there it was a complete mess,we went back cos dad had just walked outta there after working when it happenend cos he was working there for 1 week,he lost alot of work mates in it...no doubt he will want to go to the museum when its finished.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

groundzerosketch.jpg

Thats what the plan looks like. But the families of the dead are dividing over the museum and memorial being underground. But i guess there will be somthing by the footprints like a big plaque to tell what happened.

on the grid.

There's a programme on Channel 4 about the people who jumped from the tower. Its on thursday.

Cheers i will watch it.

There was a progaramme on the National Geographic channel not long ago (repeated i bet) called "inside 9/11". I have seen some good ones on discovery which explain the day pretty well, but this one was good. Brings it home really, there is a part of it where this fox news cameraman manages to get past police and gets right by the wtc while it's on fire. Some of the stuff that was filmed they could not show but it shows this one guy who tries to use his blazer to get himself down the building, like a harness he made of it... it rips and dosent end well.

on the grid.

I dont know how the story was covered where you guys live. I remember the day it happened, I turned on the TV when I got home from school. Every channel had stopped thier programming. I'm totally serious. The news was on every channel all day. And you couldn't help but be glued to the TV. It was horrible. I have a scrapbook of September 11 stuff. I need to put this new story in there.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

I dont know how the story was covered where you guys live.

Mark & Lard & Chris Moyles on Radio 1, with newsbeat every 15 mins. And we didn't even have newsbeat every 15 mins when London got hit. Thats how bad it was.

As for TV, we had BBC News 24, FOX News, Sky News, ITN and i bet every channel got the message across somehow.

on the grid.

I was working in a silkscreen printing company and our boss was an American from Maryland, was quite surprised to hear one of the towers was on fire, then we checked the CNN website for further details, heard a second plane had hit then that one of the towers had gone, shortly followed by the second.

I think I have a very moving video of the whole day, think it was two brothers who were from France and doing a journalism thing, they were following one of the Fire crews so you actually saw exactly what was going on inside the tower, it also showed their remarkable escape from inside the tower as it came down.

I think I have a very moving video of the whole day, think it was two brothers who were from France and doing a journalism thing, they were following one of the Fire crews so you actually saw exactly what was going on inside the tower, it also showed their remarkable escape from inside the tower as it came down.

I remember when that was broadcast on BBC1. After watching it I felt nauseaus and sick to the stomach. It was truely horrific.

Mark & Lard & Chris Moyles on Radio 1, with newsbeat every 15 mins. And we didn't even have newsbeat every 15 mins when London got hit. Thats how bad it was.

As for TV, we had BBC News 24, FOX News, Sky News, ITN and i bet every channel got the message across somehow.

I remember tuning into all the 5 national TV channels and seeing the news. Didn't really understand terrorism at that age properly but from that point on I did

What a progaramme. That was the Nudet brothers when they were filming the firefighters and they caught the whole thing.

I remember tuning into all the 5 national TV channels and seeing the news. Didn't really understand terrorism at that age properly but from that point on I did

I remember all of them showing it except for BBC 2. They still had cartoons on, which was a good idea because for that time of day things could of been graphic for kids. Mabie some pearents didn't want their kids to see it all happen.

I think even Cartoon Network had a scrolling info bar on the bottom or some type of message to let people know...

on the grid.

Yeah DC you are right, 1,3,4,5 had news coverage, and 2 had cbbc. I was in primary school at the time and i remember us all getting called into a big assembly, where they projected the bbc news 24 coverage onto a big screen. the afternoons lessons were cancelled because some of our teachers were american, and they were trying to get in contact with relatives...i'll never forget the sights i saw on that day, especially the footage of a woman in a shop, with the dust from the collapsed towers going past, and she just burst into tears saying "thank you, you have saved my life, thank you"

I'll never forget that day.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Yeah DC you are right, 1,3,4,5 had news coverage, and 2 had cbbc. I was in primary school at the time and i remember us all getting called into a big assembly, where they projected the bbc news 24 coverage onto a big screen. the afternoons lessons were cancelled because some of our teachers were american, and they were trying to get in contact with relatives...i'll never forget the sights i saw on that day, especially the footage of a woman in a shop, with the dust from the collapsed towers going past, and she just burst into tears saying "thank you, you have saved my life, thank you"

I'll never forget that day.

Im not too keen about talking about this subject cos it brings back bad memories of not knowing if dad was alive and well.

I was also in primary school we didnt get told anything about it though by school...i remember mum coming to meet me upset (at that time dad was working in the twin towers in nyc as he travels with work)and i remember her explaining..at that point we didnt know what had happenend to dad at all..

Luckily he had walked outta the twin towers an hour or so before the attack and was Ok.But he did loose a lot of work colleuges in the disaster and it will never be forgotten.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I was in high school. I was 18. I first heard about it that morning in my second class of the day. Someone came in and said a plane had hit the World Trade Center. I didnt believe him. Nobody else did either. I looked up the news on the internet and a plane really had hit the World Trade Center. We all thought it was a horrible accident, like the pilot had lost control. The news report speculated that the pilot may have been drunk. Then in my third or fourth class, someone came in and said a second plane had hit. I remember being completely horror-struck, and thinking, "oh my god, we're under attack." Then later on someone else came in to tell about the Pentagon. Between classes I was with my fried Amy at her locker when the principal came on the PA to tell us what exactly had happened. Everyone stopped in thier tracks and fell silent. He said that we were under attack by terrorists and that the President was safe. He said if there was another attack in DC we would be sent home because we are so close to DC. In my sixth class we didnt have any lessons. The teacher turned on the radio so we could hear the news. Some people were crying.

The next day everbody was wearing red, white, and blue outfits, with flags pinned to thier clothing.

That Friday was the National Day Of Remembrance. In the auiditorium they were showing the broadcast of the memorial service from the National Cathedral. I cried during it.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

I was in high school. I was 18. I first heard about it that morning in my second class of the day. Someone came in and said a plane had hit the World Trade Center. I didnt believe him. Nobody else did either. I looked up the news on the internet and a plane really had hit the World Trade Center. We all thought it was a horrible accident, like the pilot had lost control. The news report speculated that the pilot may have been drunk. Then in my third or fourth class, someone came in and said a second plane had hit. I remember being completely horror-struck, and thinking, "oh my god, we're under attack." Then later on someone else came in to tell about the Pentagon. Between classes I was with my fried Amy at her locker when the principal came on the PA to tell us what exactly had happened. Everyone stopped in thier tracks and fell silent. He said that we were under attack by terrorists and that the President was safe. He said if there was another attack in DC we would be sent home because we are so close to DC. In my sixth class we didnt have any lessons. The teacher turned on the radio so we could hear the news. Some people were crying.

The next day everbody was wearing red, white, and blue outfits, with flags pinned to thier clothing.

That Friday was the National Day Of Remembrance. In the auiditorium they were showing the broadcast of the memorial service from the National Cathedral. I cried during it.

Reading that sent a chill down my spine remembering that day

take control

Although if you want to see somthing that is more relavant and serious to the way the world is. Dig out some old big borther tapes that have been recorded 3 years ago and experience that it is more effective than putting a bullet through your brain.

on the grid.

I dont think that programme achieved what it intended.

It seemed to me to be a bit horrific and the idea of finding out who the "Falling Man" was a little macarbe. The idea of photographing and mass producing the last secods of someones life is disgusting in my view. That man was obviously not "falling gracefully" to his death since in the reel it seems he is terrified.

I dont agree with the principles of that photograph and that documentary- if was my farther/partner/friend I may have contemplated legal action.