Unofficial Mills

The new Film 2010 presenter is...

Chippy

well at least she knows something about movies, unlike Winkelman.

all i'm saying is that i think the viewing figures will fall because of her gender, the majority of people are not liking the decision, i really don't care to much because i very much doubt i will watch it, nothing wrong with Winkelman but i would rather have someone other than a general tv presenter reviewing movies on the bbc's flagship movie show, there again maybe men will like to see Winkelman on the show acting her usually flirtatious self so that can crack one off whilst her being random about the latest rom-com.

Amazing. There's some funny folk about on the internet.

Reality for me I don't watch the show and no matter who's presenting it am not likely to start but if as seems to be the case they are changing the format to get some guest reviewers in and a general presenter as well then why not Claudia? Not everyone needs to be a critic to have an opinion. If it was just her I could see the problem, but that's not the case. It seems to me to be a very similar set up to Edith Bowman and James King. Edith, presenter with an active interest in film, James there as a critic. And you seem to be a fan of that format Alan.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

let's leave critiquing her ability to review until we've SEEN her doing it, eh? ;)

I agree

well yeah, i think it will, most men won't take a woman's advice or opinion of a movie seriously

Ever heard of Dilys Powell? http://www.screenonline.org.uk/people/id/473849/

Goodness.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

there again maybe men will like to see Winkelman on the show acting her usually flirtatious self so that can crack one off whilst listening to her being random about the latest rom-com & the figures will go up.

so you REALLY think she could only possibly be interested in rom-coms? :rolleyes:

Gender Stereotyping/borderline sexism FAIL. :|

Bet you wouldn't be making any complaints if it were Edith or Fearne who had got the gig... ;)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...