Unofficial Mills

Asian Network and 6Music to close?

Jono

as i have said time & again i will back the bbc to the full, yet i cannot understand why R3 & R4 cost so much, they seem very poor value R1 has had to cut back, not heard about R3 or R4 i did see that a load of people who work for R3 & R4 were moaning about cuts when it was talked about last year sometime, all i'm saying is that the bbc could easily cut three million pounds from R3 & R4 & use that money saved to keep 6Music & Asian network going, at least i'm prepared to suggest cuts to the budget or stations.

maybe i shouldn't bother to post my own opinions, i should just agree with everyone else.. saves getting moaned at all the time.

Posting your opinions is fine. Posting that no amount of debate or fact will change your mind just makes your existence here completely pointless.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear :rolleyes:

look i will stand by the fact that i think that R3 & R4 cost way to much money, 6music gets about £9mill for about 700,000 listeners R3 gets £50mill & only has 1.7mill listeners, 6music doesn't really have a commercial competition, R3 has got Classic FM as a direct competitor simple mathematics suggests that by cutting R3's budget by £10mill (same for R4) there will be money available to run 6music & Asian network.

also i fail to see why R7 has now been renamed BBC Radio 4Extra when R4 cost's £108mill to run !

bbc1.png

bbc2.png

*images courtesy of http://labs.timesonline.co.uk/blog/2009/09/24/how-much-do-bbc-services-really-cost/

its no good saying that all these people have been on R4 in the past or leave R3 & R4 alone, because saying this is just like saying leave 6Music alone without providing any sort of argument or debate, at the very least i am putting up some sort of solution to the cost cutting.

more info here on how much the bbc spends;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/annualreport/exec/overview/year.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/annualreport/exec/financial/highlights/notes.shtml

:)

It will probably be The Stig. I think The Stig hates me. So does Juggy.

it's all very sad and depressing :-(

The Stig disagrees with a lot of your posts and states this but I've never met you so don't dislike you let alone hate you. You are however just as entitled to your opinion as anyone else. However even if I did dislike you, you shouldn't be "sad and despressed" about someone on an internet forum's opinion of you.

ChrisHewgill.jpg