Unofficial Mills

Scott Goes Blue!!

Viv

Little more Info, anyone?

CBBC’s Blue Peter today announced a line-up of special guest presenters, including Tim Lovejoy and Scott Mills, for the first time in the show’s 52-year history – all in support of Sport Relief.

The guest presenters have been recruited to step into Helen Skelton’s shoes as she continues on her epic 2,010-mile solo kayak down the Amazon River in aid of Sport Relief.

Tim Lovejoy unsuccessfully auditioned to be a Blue Peter presenter in 1998 and will have his TV dreams come true when he presents the show on Tuesday 23 February, along with other guest presenter Angelica Bell. Twelve years after his original audition, Tim will finally get a chance to utter those famous words ‘and here’s one I made earlier.’

Tim Lovejoy said: “Despite being turned down back in 1998, I am delighted that Blue Peter has asked me to stand in for Helen Skelton while she kayaks down the Amazon. I auditioned for Blue Peter years ago when I first started presenting, but I don’t think my ‘make’ skills were quite up to scratch! I’m not doing anything quite as courageous as Helen for Sport Relief but I will be running the Sport Relief Mile on Sunday 21 March.”

Children’s TV presenters, Dick and Dom, will kick off the series of Sport Relief episodes today (16 February) and Radio 1’s Scott Mills will appear alongside Andy and Joel on Tuesday 2 March.

Helen Skelton last week reached the half-way point in her epic 2,010-mile kayak down the Amazon River, in the process tripling the current Guinness World Record for the longest solo journey by kayak.

Blue Peter hope Helen’s incredible efforts will inspire families across the UK to rise to their own challenge for Sport Relief, enter the Sport Relief Mile and help to raise money that will change lives forever.

So tune in to Blue Peter and enter the Mile too!

http://www.sportrelief.com/whats-on/news/blue-peter-first

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

• 3 months later...