Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show Tour

Jono

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I have applied for tix in Glasgow!!! Yipee!!!

I see you have to be on your best behaviour, otherwise you may be ejected from the venue!! I guess I better behave myself then!! (ha ha). Must remember to wear my pants!! (ha ha)

Incidentally, receive is spelled as I have spelled it !! In the BBC terms & conditions, it is spelled as receove - tsk tsk. I take it you're supposed to print the e-tickets out then?

Incidentally, the following is in the confirmation e-mail:

"Successful applicants will receive their eTickets approximately 3 weeks before the show. All tickets are issued free of charge and are strictly non-transferable." 3 weeks????? Now, how does this one work.......

Incidentally, how long do these shows normally last?? If some of us get tickets, we have to think about travel back home.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Press office article now online:

On Monday 7 September Chris Moyles becomes the longest-serving breakfast DJ on BBC Radio 1 – overtaking Tony Blackburn's record which was set more than 30 years ago.

All week, Chris and his team – Comedy Dave, producers Rachel and Aled, newsreader Dom and sport reporter Carrie – will be travelling through the UK on a tour bus celebrating the milestone with listeners.

Over four nights they'll be visiting four cities and hosting their legendary karaoke night, A Night With The Chris Moyles Show, in each place.

Chris began his award-winning breakfast show on 5 January 2004 and since then he's been keeping more than seven million listeners entertained every week.

Renowned for his outspoken, honest style and wit, Chris and his show have become part of the fabric of the nation.

The team begin their tour of the UK on Monday 7 September with the show coming live from Plymouth.

They then head off to Wales to host a karaoke night in the Students' Union at Cardiff University.

On Tuesday 8 September Chris goes back to his home town of Leeds to host a karaoke night at The O2 Academy.

The team travel to Glasgow on Wednesday 9 September where they will celebrate with listeners at the The Old Fruit Market.

They'll end the tour in London on Thursday 10 September with the karaoke finale at Indigo at the O2 (The Dome).

Chris Moyles says: "So we've been doing the morning show since 5 January 2004 and we want to say thank you very much to everybody for listening and staying with us. By going out on the road for a week we are trying to thank as many people as we can."

Fans of the show who would like to come along need to register for a pair of tickets at bbc.co.uk/radio1 – registration will be open until Friday 4 September at 9.00am.

Listeners can tune into The Chris Moyles Show all week to hear how Chris and the team celebrate becoming the longest-running breakfast show on BBC Radio 1, weekdays, 6.30-10.00am.

Notes to Editors

The record

Tony Blackburn was in post as Breakfast DJ from Saturday 30 September 1967 to Friday 1 June 1973, serving a total of 2,072 days.

On Monday 7 September Chris Moyles will have been in post for 2,073 days, starting his stint on breakfast on Monday 5 January 2004.

Tickets

You must be 18 or over to attend A Night With The Chris Moyles Show.

Successful applicants will be chosen at random after registration closes next Friday. Only one entry per person per event.

TM/Radio 1 Publicity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/09_september/01/moyles.shtml

james_ryder.png

All week, Chris and his team – Comedy Dave, producers Rachel and Aled, newsreader Dom and sport reporter Carrie – will be travelling through the UK on a tour bus celebrating the milestone with listeners.

Well if Matt Fincham's not going whats the point? :cry:

;)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Yay! Chris Moyles really loves Plymouth. Not enough to host another karaoke night but that's not the point. Plymouth is my home town. Is it worth firing off a cheeky email to Aled or Rachel to see if I can drop by? Aled could chalenge me again in Cheggers' Pop Quiz one final time...

=D

Ah it's dear old Gordon Smart. Big fan of the show.

Just looking through related articles and looked at 1 about Scott up for a Sony. And yet in it he mentions Moyles and his hard work :confused:

Radio 1?s CHRIS MOYLES is only nominated for best breakfast show. He should win it for the graft his team put in.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2365751/Scott-Mills-is-nominated-for-Best-Radio-Personality-at-the-Sony-Radio-Academy-Awards.html

I wonder if Gordon has a split personality?

james_ryder.png

Ah it's dear old Gordon Smart. Big fan of the show.

He does make me laugh. Knowing he had an unfair attack at a member of the team (Aled) in a previous article, he then in this one states Moyles "should win it due to the hard work of his team", to make himself feel better and appear to not have such a vendetta against Moyles which he clearly does. I used to have a lot of respect for Smart, but since these ridiculous attacks on Moyles I now think he's just a typical trashy tabloid journalist.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

He does make me laugh. Knowing he had an unfair attack at a member of the team (Aled) in a previous article, he then in this one states Moyles "should win it due to the hard work of his team", to make himself feel better and appear to not have such a vendetta against Moyles which he clearly does.

The Sony Radio Awards article was about two weeks before he wrote the piece on Aled.

I used to have a lot of respect for Smart, but since these ridiculous attacks on Moyles I now think he's just a typical trashy tabloid journalist.

Agreed. I actually take his reports with a pinch of salt now and tend to ignore his more personal reports.

Anyway, let's try to celebrate the longest running Radio 1 breakfast show as opposed to giving Gordon Smart attention he craves :)

I'VE GOT TICKETS TO THE FRUITMARKET VENUE!!!!!!!!

How cool am I!! :D:D:D8)

*screams*

OMG!! OMG!! I've never been to a Radio 1 event ever!!!

*screams*

OMG OMG

I'm way over-excited this morning!! Way, way over the top!!!! OMG OMG

I wonder what I shall wear... Must decide later today..... OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.

O. M. G. Jono will be sooooo jealous! :hahaha:

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0