Unofficial Mills

R1 Producer Chris Cox in Edinburgh

Jono

If you're off to Edinburgh festival (or if you're going and didn't get musical tickets) I would strongly recommend Chris Cox. It's very close to the musical venue and it finishes about half an hour before the musical.

http://magiccox.com/live/

I'm also told that Scott will be making a brief appearance in the show! So if you like magic, pretend mind reading, illusion and comedy check him out.

Aww Chris is a cutie, and he's had some pretty decent reviews in the papers, including The Guardian. I would definitely go to see him in Edinburgh during the festival, if you are lucky enough to be going.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really really impressed. It wasn't what I was expecting at all - he really can do some amazing tricks!

My favourite bit was where he pretended it was all going wrong. I think he genuinely had the audience believing it had gone wrong before revealing the trick... very clever.

There were some right weirdos in the audience, too, which always helps when it comes to comedy, haha!

But all in all, a very charismatic character and some mindblowing tricks. He just needs to stop being so nervous, bless him!

I like the nerves aspect because it shows that he's just like you and me. People like Derren Brown are cocky and amazing but you feel so below him in his shows. With Chris he makes you feel like he's just the same as the rest of us.

But... I think it's actually his style... to make it seem like he doesn't know what he's doing!