Unofficial Mills

New Schedule - Greg and Fearne on daytime

craigh

ok so it was probably time for a shake up...but Fearne on the morning shift? How on earth will she cope with regular weekday employment when she so rarely manages to turn up for her weekend show?

I wonder how much choice Jo and Edith really had? Im sure ive heard Edith say live on air that she isnt really a morning person! And therefore I wonder how long they will stay in those slots?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think too, that both jo and edith actually had very little input regarding their changes if they wanted to stay at the station at all.

I also think it was time for a shake up (augusta92, 2 posts up) however i am not entirely convinced that Fearne will be able to keep up the weekday slot, however i am assuming that the BBC has mentioned to her that she will will need to present a percentage of her shows to keep the slot (assuming there is some sort of clause). If you remember how aqful she was at button pressing when she started it is quite suprising how she has risen so fast into the daytime schedule, but who else could have taken over?

Capes :)

this is a problem for people who only listen to radio 1...there are alot of good dj's from commercial radio out there. why not bring one of them in and change it like that.

Yes, but radio 1 never like to throw in a presenter in a big slot, all presenters have either started on early breakfast or weekend breakfast in recent years, good commercial radio presenters might not want to move to a lesser slot on radio 1.

There was an interesting article in today's sunday mirror complaining about the ageism/sexism prevalent in todays broadcasting world. Carole Malone, i think, was making the point that male broadcasters, in this country can be as old or as ugly as anything, while women have to be young and attractive to succeed!

The author was mainly upset about Holly Willoughby taking over on This Morning rather than a more experienced female journalist but she also mentioned how unfair it was that on R1 Fearne was taking over from Jo and Greg was taking over from Edith.

I wonder what would have happened if Chris Moyles had gone instead/ as well?

A shakeup was long overdue. I only tend to listen to bits of Chris's and Scott's shows in the week due to work so really headr Jo or Edith. Certainly wont make any effort to listen to Ferne, she cant interview and her and Reggie presenting is like being back in the playground. Well done to Greg, much deserved but hope the show has much less movies wise as that used to annoy me a lot. Some of us dont care about them.

hope the show has much less movies wise as that used to annoy me a lot. Some of us dont care about them.

I totally agree. This movie thing has to go. Also, many of us get movie stuff via e-mail, so you can watch trailers on-line. Therefore, we don't really need all this constant movie analysis.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

They must think their target range really appreciate movies and go all the time, or something. I always thought it was odd as well... I can't even remember how this all got started in the first place. The day Colin and Edith went their seperate ways was the day it started to go downhill, really.

Edith was saying in a newspaper the other day that she feels she has taken her show as far is it can go (in its current slot), and, as much as I like her, I'm inclined to agree.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

The day Colin and Edith went their seperate ways was the day it started to go downhill, really.

I agree- I liked them as a double act, but it always seemed something was missing with Edith on her own. I can see the same happening with Fearne and Reggie- I actually enjoy their show (I know a lot of people don't!) on the rare occasions they are together, but they're a bit dull on separately.