Unofficial Mills

Scott and Vernon on breakfast in August

James R

Vernon will be sitting in for Chris for 1 week from Monday 10th August. If Dave & co are with him is another matter

I guess it would have been Scott's job had he not been in Edinburgh. Early mornings wouldn't have been so great after three musicals the night before.

but its good to hear more from Vernon.....I wish he did more but with his tv stuff he musent be able to. but it would of been funny to hear scott and co after all those late nights! maybe a repeat of the early morning breakfast show after the brits lol.

I guess it would have been Scott's job had he not been in Edinburugh. Early mornings wouldn't have been so great after three musicals the night before.

Vern is obviously impressing for them to ask him to do it again. Chris mentioned a few months ago he liked Vernon doing the show as it was still The Chris Moyles Show not the Scott Mills Show.

james_ryder.png

Vern is obviously impressing for them to ask him to do it again. Chris mentioned a few months ago he liked Vernon doing the show as it was still The Chris Moyles Show not the Scott Mills Show.

But then it seems to pose a problem for the rest of the team having holidays.

I think the die hard fans would rather have a week or two without the whole team than Vernon with the team and Moyles with a reduced team due to further holidays.

but Vernon does his shows on his own....why not do breakfast on his own???

People are used to the zoo format on breakfast as Scott involves everone as well as Chris

But then it seems to pose a problem for the rest of the team having holidays.

I think the die hard fans would rather have a week or two without the whole team than Vernon with the team and Moyles with a reduced team due to further holidays.

Its a bit like when Becky & Chappers take alternate holidays you just wait for normality to return

james_ryder.png

Guest inxces4308

From the horses mouth (sorry Aled if you ever actually read these boards!):

Scott will be doing the 1st week of the show, Vernon will then being doing the 2nd week of the show during Chris' holiday in August.

Scott will be doing the musical in 2nd week and Vernon will be in Ibiza for the 1st week.

I wonder if the whole team will be around when Vernon does the show? It would be a little strange with just Vernon & Aled.

Guest inxces4308
Don't the rest of the team (excpet Dave as he is freelance) get different holiday entitlemnet as they are BBC staff, previosuly when Chris has been off Dom has done the afternoon newsbeat and Carrie has done some stuff for 5 live and BBC London.

Yes. I was referring more to Dave.

As chris and dave are both freelance, who pays for vernon to cover the show when chris takes a day off (like on Monday). Does the BBC cover this, or does Chris arrange the cover and pay vernon that way?

I like vernon on breakfast, and am enjoying the way we are getting to hear him more. As much as I like scott his place is on afternoons - Vernon is definately the way forward for covering chris I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lookin forward to both weeks, the first week will be funny hearin Chappers being extra grumpy in the mornings, and I think the second will be just as good with Vernon and Dave in. I'd assume Dom and Carrie will still be doing the news and sport in week 2?

Not impressed with censorship

Why? It's not like Dave has never done breakfast before...

I know that. What I meant was that that it will be interesting with just the 2 of them doing it. Moreso for comedic value.

Vernon and Dave are mates too and work well together.

Very true which I why I think it will be a good weeks radio

james_ryder.png

They were very funny together when I tuned in last time Vernon was on.

Definately. So long as its the Chris Moyles comedy dave and not the chapper & dave comedy dave. As they are 2 different DJs if that makes sense :confused:

james_ryder.png

I'm lookin forward to both weeks, the first week will be funny hearin Chappers being extra grumpy in the mornings, and I think the second will be just as good with Vernon and Dave in. I'd assume Dom and Carrie will still be doing the news and sport in week 2?

Chappers is off next week too I think. SO no him being grumpy in the morning!

The other day they said it was just Vernon and Dave. Dom and Carrie said they were off too.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson