Radio 1 Online in BETA

the_grove

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is very colourful. Almost a little too informative for someone who only logs on for the new updates as it's a lot to take in.

I'd like to have been able to move the boxes around. I find blogs, Newsbeat and videos more interesting than what is currently available in that selection such as the chart and photos. Podcasts would be more useful than an events list too. If they've got an event to promote it'll be at the top in that flash thing.

I'd like to have seen a daytime listen again box where the hip hop, indie and dance selections are too.

It looks good but the blue looks hideous for evenings. I think they should scrap the changing backgrounds and keep it colourful.

The blogs seem to change to evening blogs too. Interesting but is it really that significant? There's only one introducing blog in that list.

It's those elements that need questioning. The amount of problems with the revert to evenings seems pointless for just changing a background colour.

But that is a bit pointless if you have a next-on-air info that shows who is going to be on in 2 hours time...I don't think that is necessary...

A schedule for a next five hours or something would be useful then. Something that knocks off the show that's on-air from the schedule and shows what's coming up for the rest of the day.

So 4am and Greg's on and you have a look...

6.30am Chris Moyles

10am Jo Whiley

1pm Edith Bowman

4pm Scott Mills

7pm Zane Lowe

If you come on for Scott Mills you'd get...

7pm Zane Lowe

9pm In New Music We Trust

10pm Colin Murray

12am Bobby and Nihal

2am Annie Nightingale

You get the picture. Radio 1 feels it's significant to trail ahead so they must think it's important to inform listeners of what's coming up?

Yeah we've got arial for the menu

Lazily crafted CSS in my opinion... Arial is a predominantly Windows thing - I think they should be including the Helvetica font family really for other platforms...

lifted from http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/css/blq/radio1_blq_nav.css 

#blq-local-nav ul#navigationlist{
list-style-type:none;
margin:9px 0 0 5px;
padding:0;
font-size:13px;
font-family:'arial';
font-weight:bold;

}

Guest inxces4308

I think its way too busy and the colours dont blend themselves well enough. There is too many differant background colours/patterns on the boxes. Only thing i do like is that on the scroller you can have a choice of what thing to look at.....

Get rid of the green/black evening background on the current site and its fine the way it is......

Dont like the daytime yellow on it now, much prefer the neutral blue.

Now you see I'm quite the opposite and dislike the dark blue and enjoy the yellow to purple.

The background near the text bubble doesn't seem to fade though at the moment. Just seems to cut off and go black. Would rather see it fade purple.

The N Dubz link has a speaker icon showing it's an iPlayer link. But the other 'listen again' links have speakers but just go to the minisite. The only exception is the Zane Lowe takeover link which doesn't have a speaker. Surely the listen again features should go straight to iPlayer or straight to the mini-site rather than a variation. The N Dubz link could go on Grimmy's page beings it was technically his show.

I think there is too much info on the new page... Why is there this 1xtra/Switch/Introducing thing? I think if there are some news worth mentioning on the homepage, they are already and should in future be shown in the main flash image on top...the 1xtra/Switch/Introducing container won't really be providing interesting information most of the time, will it?

And wouldn't it be good to put the "Blog box" next to the flash-app at the top of the page? the blogs are updated quite regularly, so that would show not-so-regular visitors that there are lively blogs about Radio 1...

unique...

Guest inxces4308

And wouldn't it be good to put the "Blog box" next to the flash-app at the top of the page? the blogs are updated quite regularly, so that would show not-so-regular visitors that there are lively blogs about Radio 1...

I second that - i think it would also make certain presenters do more blogs!

I agree, and as I've said before, the most updated things should be at the top working its way down to the least updated. So I'd like to see it sorted like this:

Listen Again/Highlights

Blogs - News - Live Lounge

Chart - Videos - Photos

Links (Adverts) - Events - Text Bubble

It might have made more sense to use the links for the rotating image box on the left handside but I guess I can see the sentiment behind leaving the background space blank on the left.