Unofficial Mills

Skins Series 3

Jono

I think it's actually getting better. For the first time, I felt emotionally moved and could actually identify with what the characters were going through. I guess they're drawing out the thing with Freddie and Effie for as long as possible. One thing that strikes me as weird, it's set in Bristol, not on a tropical island. All the time, even at night, Freddie never ever wears a jacket and is often wearing shorts, and Effie was sunbathing and swimming in a lake. I went to Bristol and it's not tropical!

Having Scott in it obviously helped.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally managed to track down a series 3 episode on the net, think it's this week's, the one that focuses on Naomi. I am starting to like it a bit more now that the characters are developing and interacting with each other more - Cook is still as loathsome as ever though.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Great episode this week, easily the best one of the series so far - I actually nearly cried watching it, haha. JJ is an amazing character, there's a lot more to him than meets the eye, I really like how his personality's gradually developed over the course of the series. Nice use of Debussy's Clair de Lune as well, easily one of the best piano pieces ever written :)

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I think JJ is quite cute in his own way. I think it's a good episode and I could definitely relate to parts of it given my experiences of being medicated lately. He's one of the characters who people can actually feel empathy for. Effy's getting more of a personality too and they're trying to justify slightly her sluttiness.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Yeah, I could relate to it as well having been to see about 4 different counsellors and been put on antidepressants twice in the last 5/6 years (although none of that was particularly recent, it was when I was in college and my self-esteem had kind of hit a low point). God only knows the number of times I wished I was normal like everyone else.............

I've now caught up with pretty much all the episodes I've missed since I've been in Spain, I think this series is definitely starting to hit its stride now. Shame there's probably only a few more episodes to go :(

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I