Unofficial Mills

Lily Allen - The Fear

Jono

Lily Allen - The Fear  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Lily Allen - The Fear

• Choon
    • Chuff

It's been Scott's Record of the Week all week, and I'm loving it. She looks really cute in the music video too. But what do you think?

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c&ap=%2526fmt%3D18"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Choon or actual chuff?

it's a GREAT track, i love it :D

Lily also looks very cute in the video :hug:

i hope it gets to number one, as at least she actually has a talent for writing & singing, hope the rest of the tracks on the new album as as good if not even better as with the first album all the tracks were good & not one bad one amongst them 8)

:)

The song's not too bad, but I hate Lily Allen with such a complete passion, that I really don't want to listen to it. A matter of principle really.

I find her negative energy - and not remotely funny, or anything else.

I never forgot how rude she was to Moyles some time back when she came in, stomping off in a huff. She was also rude to Jo Whiley on "orange unsigned act" - again, sometime back.

A brat, I find.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Don't you feel that to hate her, or indeed anyone with a complete passion is a wee bit extreme? But then again I don't like/use the word 'hate' much. I find it pretty negative.:|

Anyhow, I really like the song. The lyrics are interesting, wasn't so sure about the melody at first, but it's grown on me.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Don't you feel that to hate her, or indeed anyone with a complete passion is a wee bit extreme? But then again I don't like/use the word 'hate' much. I find it pretty negative.:|.

I don't really like to use the word "hate" much myself.... but in lily allen's case, I feel no words are strong enough. I'm surprised she's even lasted this long, tbh.

Sorry, I suppose I'm a bit of an extreme person: I either really like people, or I just don't - it's that simple, I guess.

I don't really like to use the word "hate" much myself.... but in lily allen's case, I feel no words are strong enough. I'm surprised she's even lasted this long, tbh.

Sorry, I suppose I'm a bit of an extreme person: I either really like people, or I just don't - it's that simple, I guess.

"Strongly dislike" may be a better alternative to use, but that's me!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

is the swearing in the middle of the song a desperate attempt at controversy?

No more, presumably, than Madonna's attempts to be controversial. 'Fuck Bush' springs to mind.

I love the record. I love it when she has a sweet tone in her records as opposed to having a butch like attitude in records such as 'Smile'. It reminds me a bit of 'Alfie' which was a plea to her brother.

Her interview with Scott!!! She was even talking about her PERIODS. Do we really want to hear this. Was this yet another attempt at controversy: you know, "I can say what I like", etc.

She was talking about normal people stuff. I doubt Madonna has even heard about the credit crunch yet. I would much rather hear Scott and Lily than someone like Jo Whiley tip toeing around Madonna trying to find something in common to talk about (see her interview earlier this year).

Personally, I thought that interview was fab. They get on well.

Yeh, "normal people" stuff, but do we really need to know about it around dinner time. Nearly put me off my steak pie & peas.

I always get this weird impression that people are often frightened to challenge Lily Allen - even Moyles is a wuss around her.

Yeh, "normal people" stuff, but do we really need to know about it around dinner time. Nearly put me off my steak pie & peas.

Well I don't think an interview should be based around when someone is having their tea or not, Scott's show is immature, and that sort of stuff is what the show is about. But each to their own, I prefer my celebrities talking normal stuff when interacting with Scott. I enjoyed Mariah Carey's interview the second time where he sung to her Kate Nash stuff and talked about Wing rather than her talking about her rich lifestyle.

Mariah Carey is at least a different class, and not appearing as common as muck.

I know Scott's stuff is immature, but it is around dinner time, when a lot of people are having their tea, and don't wish to listen to Lily Allen's level of .... crap.

Rachel off of Moyles' brekkie show stopped Kelly Osborne from discussing similar stuff one morning.

Mariah Carey is at least a different class, and not appearing as common as muck.

:shock: she dresses like a stripper !

Lily has a great talent, in both singing ability & writing, she is just being herself she isn't going to pretend to be someone else when being interviewed & she won't take no crap from people either !

:)

I like it, it's poppier than I thought it would be but nevertheless it's pretty good. She's actually someone I have a fair bit of respect for as she's not afraid to be herself and say what she thinks. And she's a pretty good songwriter too, I really liked her first album and I can definitely see this new one growing on me.

And with regards to her talking about periods, at least she actually has something to say for herself and isn't afraid to speak her mind, unlike people like Mariah Carey...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...