Unofficial Mills

Schedule Changes - Dick and Dom leave R1

simon38

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From September, Nihal will present the Saturday and Sunday afternoon show (1-4pm) while Nick Grimshaw takes on the weekend breakfast show (Sat & Sun 7-10am).

Sara Cox and Edith Bowman both make a welcome return to Radio 1 in September, following their maternity leave. Sara will cover Jo Whiley’s show (Mon-Fri 10am-1pm) during Jo’s maternity leave and from the new year host Sunday mornings (10am-1pm).

Edith presents the Sunday morning show in September and October and returns to her regular weekday slot (Mon-Fri 1pm-4pm) in November. Chappers and Dave will host Sunday mornings in November and December.

Dick and Dom who have hosted Sundays (10am-1pm) for the past year will leave the station in September.

Annie Mac returns to host the Switch show with Nick Grimshaw from September having covered Sara Cox’s maternity leave and will continue to host Annie Mac’s Mash Up on Friday evenings.

September 2008

4am - Greg James

6.30am - Chris Moyles

10am - Jo Whiley

1pm - Cover (Sara Cox)

4pm - Scott Mills

7am - 10am Nick Grimshaw

10am - 1pm Vernon / Edith Bowman

1pm - 4pm Nihal

4pm - 7pm Fearne and Reggie

7pm - Switch with Annie Mac

October 2008

4am Greg James

6.30am - Chris Moyles

10am - Sara Cox

1pm - Fearne Cotton

4pm - Scott Mills

7am - 10am Nick Grimshaw

10am - 1pm Vernon / Edith Bowman

1pm - 4pm Nihal

November & December 2008

4am - Greg James

6.30am - Chris Moyles

10am - Sara Cox

1pm - Edith Bowman

4pm - Scott Mills

7am - 10am Nick Grimshaw

10am - 1pm Vernon / Chappers and Dave

1pm - 4pm Nihal

January 2009

4am - Greg James

6.30am - Chris Moyles

10am - Jo Whiley

1pm - Edith Bowman

4pm - Scott Mills

7am - 10am Nick Grimshaw

10am - 1pm Vernon / Sara Cox

1pm - 4pm Nihal

I'm delighted about more Sara Cox (apparently she doesn't want to be known as Coxy any longer) and extra helpings of Chappers and Dave. Hope this doesn't mean less Chopper on Mills/Dave on Moyles though?

Bye Dick and Dom. I wish them all the best, they just weren't my cup of tea really.

What about Vernon?:(

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

The october sunday morning is Edith but it does not say who is doing her slot

Yeah, I did realise.

Right... Dick and Dom leaving was probably for the best. I liked them, but I think it's another case of R1 bosses not knowing what to do with them. It was the same with JK and Joel.

Slightly disappointed that Sara Cox is only doing a one day week from January, but it's great that she's covering for Jo Whiley, and I think she'll become a regular cover for the female DJs.

I'm not sure whether I think the move of Annie Mac is necessary. I thought Grimmy was a more successful host of Switch, but it's good he has now got official Radio 1 DJ status. Weekend breakfast is, of course, the best place for him to go next.

Nihal on weekend afternoons is sure to boost RAJARs. He's got a big fan base after his successful stints for Edith and Scott, and he mentions football, something I imagine that is sure to fill the gap between Radio 1 and 5Live.

Elsewhere, I'm glad Edith is spending a few months on weekends. I think she's a nice lady, but I don't like her radio show because of the movies format. I might just fall in love with her on a Sunday show. It's also great that Chappers and Dave will be presenting a regular slot in the winter, hopefully they'll get October too.

there are too many people with babies that can't devote enough time to the station! radio 1 is a youthful station. it shouldn't be daddy and mummy cool every day! :|

As long as Scott is on everything is fine

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Overall im very happy with the schedule over the next few months.

Im a bit dissapointed to see Sara Cox go down to 1 show a week in the new year and as ive said before i dont really enjoy nihals shows that much. So weekend 1-4 is a bit dissapointing for me.

And its a short lived radio 1 experience for Dick and Dom. Is this through management dropping them?

Guest CancerForTheCure

I'm glad Dick and Dom are leaving - I liked their format, but I'd rather see someone else do it as it just wasn't the right show, or station, for them. They always try to be funny and it never works. I'm also really happy about Grimmy, I always hoped they would give him a "proper" show. I think we all really miss Sara; therefore, it's a shame she will only be doing one day a week. I do love Nihal though.

What are the official reasons for Dick and Dom leaving?