• New on Unofficial Mills

Kitai

What rocks in your life?

Wow congratulations Emma and Bumbly! That's awesome news for both of you :)

This makes me feel old because Emma I remember when you were still at school, and Bumbly first met the geek. I've not been around so much lately though. I can't believe it's 5 years since I left school actually, shortly after I joined this forum.

What rocks for me is that after 18 months of not working, I'm finally back in work. I am just doing temporary data entry type stuff, but it suits me. After my last disastrous office job, I became convinced I'd never be any good for anything, so actually going to work and surviving the day feels like a massive achievement.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Many congratulations to both Bumbly and Ems. What lovely news. :D

Thankyou, it feels so weird now knowing I'm not going back, arrgh!

Fantastic news!! Are you keeping to your word of having the cats as ring bearers?!

Congrats Emma, hope you are out celebrating tonight?!

Thankyou! I still haven't properly properly celebrated as we were all at home for results day, how rubbish was that? Shall be doing it sometime soon, though :D

After a very difficult and very dark few weeks for me which has seen my state of mind go to hell and back on many occasions (would take a very long time to explain why on this thread, may blog about it at a later date) I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like my old self again. It's still very early days and it'll probably be a good few weeks or even months before I'm completely back to normal. But even the most minor of achievements are still achievements at the end of the day... so at the very least I can take some comfort from that.

Congratulations on your 2:1 Emma, I always knew you'd come out with a great mark :D Hope final year wasn't too unbearable for you. And congratulations Bumble on your engagement, all the best to you and the Geek for the future.

Aww thankyou, I hope you're feeling a lot better, now?

Wow congratulations Emma and Bumbly! That's awesome news for both of you :)

This makes me feel old because Emma I remember when you were still at school, and Bumbly first met the geek. I've not been around so much lately though. I can't believe it's 5 years since I left school actually, shortly after I joined this forum.

What rocks for me is that after 18 months of not working, I'm finally back in work. I am just doing temporary data entry type stuff, but it suits me. After my last disastrous office job, I became convinced I'd never be any good for anything, so actually going to work and surviving the day feels like a massive achievement.

Thankyou! I know, time flies, doesn't it?! Congrats on getting back into work - all the more rewarding when you look at it as an achievement!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

got my punctured car tyre repaired for £10, bargain! and the best possible outcome.

just goes to show that you need to know the right people in this world.

on the grid.

I'm going to stay in a tent somewhere next week and a barn in Cornwall in about three or four weeks. Err… yay? But I'm going to Butlins in September (for the millionth time)! Yay for The Sun holidays!!

I'm also happy because I felt clever yesterday. I spent loads of time writing a film review and then I got a level 8 for it and me evil English teacher said that a level 8 should mean I'm aiming for an A* at GCSE! Shame I'm just average in everything else - thinking of spending a bit of time this summer doing sone revision and stuff.

But most of all, I'm happy because I got WILL YOUNG TICKETS yesterday! It's at the BIC in October. £70 for two was a bit expensive, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it. I might give my spare ticket to one of my friends for free, even though they don't really like him. Or I could surprise my mum? I was thinking of buying her his new album in August anyway (but I'd put it on my iPod first). I don't know if she even likes him though. WOULD THAT BE REALLY S A D!? Wait, it's pretty sad that I'm going to see him anyway… If I took my mum, I suppose I could just pretend I'm only going for her… *Random thought process*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

I saw Coldplay last night, it was awesome. I only found out I'd won the tickets on Tuesday so had a struggle to find someone to go with me. My ex went with me and I told him that I was moving on and he couldn't mess me around any more, so I'm glad that's sorted, I feel better for sorting it out. I have been working so I have some money and the people I worked with weren't bastards like in my last job. Life almost seems like it might be going ok for once...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

global gathering this saturday, and i'm off to faliraki or fellow-iraqi in september. some positives i've carved for myself in not so good times, i need something good to look forward to and keep me focused.

on the grid.

This weekend should have been a Rocks but ended up as a Sucks overall. I have just done a little live podcasting (first time ever, total newbie on a panel-based thing) though which was a nice distraction for an hour or so.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I feel quite bright today.... I'm following a different road for my running, it's a pretty day, and I'm meeting someone for soft drinks later. woo hoo.

plus, I've enjoyed learning about rss feeds on aled.info - fan-bloody-tastic stuff. :-0 - already loving being alerted to completely new topix on UM via my 'phone and being able to reply.... !! Console on aled.info is the guy to ask for any computer stuff you ever want to know about, and always gets it right first time!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I always try and read your tweets/posts in a Scottish accent. And I would join Aled.info, but I already have four forums to post on, read and keep track of already :(

i try to be. it takes me away from how terrible my life has become, for a short while at least.

Snap, doesn't tend to work as well as it used to for me lately though... Pickling is the next step.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Chris the mechanic came round today, good news is my Pearl just needs something putting in the radiator to clog a leak and then she will be back on the road again! Well he said she's fine to drive now but just check the water.

Plus got an interview for a job! First one I've had so better than no response :)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson