popbitcher

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glagow Rangers ofcourse, not to mention my preferred English team Chelsea :D

I think its going to be a tough season for Rangers again this year, lack of midfield creativity being the main problem with Ferguson injured and Steve Davis still at Fulham. I cant forsee us getting to another European final anytime soon but I live in hope.

Wtf. Rangers are out of Europe.

We looked totally amatuer, why spend so much money on lafferty when we could have bought davis?

Team was totally inadequate. What is needed is a complete revamp starting at the top of the tree and working the way through the squad. Murray must go followed by Bain, Smith, McCoist, McDowell and many of the dead wood we currently insist on playing in the first team. The team has no creativity in midfield and this was badly missed, the whole midfield lacked any bite on the field tonight.

We need a more positive attacking style of football, for far too long its been too conservative and boring and we have not been given any value for money, even the Uefa cup run was luck more than any great skill, defending for 90 minutes against top level teams is a dangerous game and we need to prove we can go out and attack teams and strike the fear of god into teams. At the moment I dont think anybody can go to Ibrox and fear for their side, the atmosphere is flat due to the 'song' restrictions and I think the lack of passion by the fans also filters through the players onto the pitch.

This is the passion I would love to see return to the stands at Ibrox (minus the choice songs tho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuXQO-JZ5NE

[/Rant over]

Absolutely gutted,:x

Rangers are in the final stage of selling Carlos Cuellar subject to a medical, to make matters worse it's to Aston Villa with a former Celtic manager at the helm. I really am angered by the Rangers management team and also disappointed that Cuellar has gone, you cant fault him for his ambition but I feel that we are seriously going to struggle to find a defender anywhere near as good as Cuellar.

Cuellar Goes To Villa

DETAILS were finalised this evening with Aston Villa Football Club for the transfer of Carlos Cuellar, subject to him passing a medical tomorrow.

On Sunday morning the player and his representatives informed the Club it was their desire to invoke an exit clause for 10 million Euros and today an offer for that amount was received from Aston Villa.

An offer to extend the player's contract and to increase his salary substantially was declined as the player was adamant it was his desire to leave and play in the Premiership.

Carlos Cuellar wished to state the following: "I came to Rangers due to the professional manner of their officials and management and their promise of success. Everything I had been told about this fantastic Club has been true and last year's UEFA Cup run is something I will never forget.

"My ambition has always been to play for my national team and I believe that playing in the biggest league in the world for Aston Villa will help me realise that.

"When I told Martin Bain on Sunday that I wanted to leave, I did so with sadness. The Rangers supporters have been fantastic to me, but I am young and want to play at the highest level and I hope they will always welcome me back. I want to thank them for everything."

Manager Walter Smith, expressed his disappointment. He said: "This has come as a surprise and I am disappointed. Carlos Cuellar has been a great player for the Football Club and inevitably there has been speculation about him playing in the Premiership.

"The Club has received a substantial uplift in fee and we will now reinvest in the team."

Only one team for me and that's Everton. Coming from a large Scouse family who have supported Everton since their inception in 1875, I have been a die-hard Evertonian from my conception and will be an Evertonian until there is no Everton. My blood is blue!!!

Will also be keeping the obligatory eye on how Carlisle Utd are doing (Lee Brennan's team, have been keeping an eye on their progress since I became a 911 fan back in 1996!! Sad, moi?!)

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

not this time, i wont let this thread die for bullshit.

looks like capello is going to start darren bent simply on pre season form. if thats anything to take into account, then last season voronin was the best player at liverpool and totally ousted torres then...

on the grid.

OOooo a nice shiny football thread, wonder how long it will last this time before it gets dumped for threads on shoes;)

These are really pretty, wish the heel was a bit higher, and a nice open toed front would be great!:;)

post-4214-145327867676_thumb.jpg

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

deco is also 30 like lampard, but lampard is already used to the premiership. so if deco can't adapt like shevchenko then they have frank anyway. chelsea might need to start looking at players who are under 30 though if they want to win a trophy. robinho is a good start.

on the grid.