Unofficial Mills

Edith to appear at Glastonbury

Jono

EDITH Bowman will host the BBC's coverage of T in the Park just one month after the birth of her first baby.

Rudy Brae Bowman Smith, her son with Editors singer Tom Smith, was born on June 10 and Edith will be at Balado, Kinross, for the three-day festival, which starts on Friday, July 11.

The Radio 1 DJ is due to host the TV coverage of next weekend's Glastonbury, which will only be two weeks since she had a caesarean, but insiders are waiting to see if she will be able to do it.

However, yesterday the Fife music fan said: "I'm raring to go at T in the Park. It's even bigger and better than last year, it's an honour to be part of it."

Edith will be joined for the Friday coverage on BBC Three by Kaiser Chiefs' Ricky Wilson, as he gears up for his headline slot the following night.

Presenting alongside Edith will be DJ Jeff Leach, from BBC Switch, and she will also team up with Radio 1 DJ Vic Galloway and El Presidente's Laura Marks for additional coverage on BBC One and BBC Two Scotland on each day of the sell-out event.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/entertainment-news/2008/06/21/new-mum-edith-bowman-to-host-t-in-the-park-coverage-86908-20616054/

Isn't she doing Glasto next weekend aswell?

I'm very surprised that the BBC are still so stuck in their ways that Glastonbury gets better covarage than T in the Park even though T In The Park's line up is much better!

Also, showing their ignorance KOL and The Vereve's headline sets are live on BBC2 while Jay Z is on BBC3!!!

Although I did used to really like Edith I do wonder if she has any common sense? Or if she has anyone around her who can give her good advice?

Professionally now she has said she is doing T in the Park she is going to have to do it regardless of what physical or emotional state she is in.

She must be some kind of supermum to put herself in such a difficult position. If you talk to the majority of new mums all they want to do in the first few months is survive, establish routines and bond with their new babies.

How many other new mums would try to present a major tv show looking perfect and thoroughly briefed on all the bands, a month after a cesarian birth?

Ok so im sure other people would disagree... but i dont think anybody would begrudge her a decent maternity leave, she cant be that short of money....i think shes crazy to even contemplate it.

edith knows what she is doing & is capable of, the beeb would have made there concerns known to her & through reasoning they must have come to a agreement, also Tom will be at glastonbury so he will be able to look after Rudy (if he is going to glastonbury with them).

there is no rules or guide book for parenting & edith is doing what she thinks is best for herself & her child & i think its wrong of people to say "she shouldn't be doing this & that" the only person who knows how she feels is herself & also what else would she be doing ? sitting about at home with her feet up ! come on she has way to much self-motivation & drive to do that.

:)

Theres an article in the mail from Tom saying that the baby is too young for glastonbury. So I doubt if Edith will go.

I agree that Edith's life and decisions are her own...but they do affect other people...if she initially intended to go to glastonbury and the bbc held a slot open for her to present the show, and then, as a multitude of people suggested she wasnt well enough to do it..maybe she needs to think about it a bit more and listen to advice. the same thing applies to her maternity leave...perhaps if she had been clearer about when she wanted maternity leave they could have employed another DJ to cover her, rather than 3 or 4 other people.

Having a baby and being a mum are both the most natural and also one of the most complicated things a woman can ever do. Because in the uk our lives are not really child friendly. europe is much better.

is it me or have people gone into great detail in this thread

I didn't think there was much detail in the thread at all. What sophisiticated forums do you trawl? Heh.

It seems a little peculiar Edith went and Tom went but the baby didn't. Sometimes I guess it's nice to get away with the children but I would have thought this was bonding time.