Unofficial Mills

4th May to 10th May 2008

Jono

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl that was on talking about her boobs? Yeah, she's a member here. She read everything you lot said and went from elated to very, very sad in a matter of moments. Congratulations on making her feel like shit, that was really nice of you.

This place used to be nice - the people were lovely and there was a really friendly feel to it. Now it's just plain bitchy. No wonder half the regulars don't post as much - it's just not a nice place to be anymore.

In fact, it's like Moylesworld point two.

Guest CancerForTheCure
It happens to me too when I'm dancing. Always hitting my eye with my wanger.

I thought you were talking about your boobs :shock:

Anyway, I didn't think the comments were that bad? They didn't intend to insult anyone, did they?

Wahey! Groove Armada are the best!

Edit: Just read last pages.

I don't think anyone should be offended by the previous comments. The caller obviously thought she had an amusing enough story to get it on the radio. It is a strange thing to happen to be honest. Why do you think she got on the show?

UM is a place for friendly banter, and I'm sorry if it upsets anyone, but I have to deal with 'ageist' comments all the time - like water off a duck's back!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'd agree with that. You go on Scott's show to be mocked a bit, and we all take the pee out of each other on here, we don't mean it. I can't see anything wrong with that, but we've all had our case and I think the case is closed.

Jo Whiley just mentioned she'd rather streak on stage with Madonna than repeat the tambourine incident. Just before Entertainment News at 12pm. Sounds like a clip Scott could use.

Is it just me or does the backing vocals for Hot Chip's Wiley cover sound just like Dom off of the news?

I HAVE to see Hot Chip now, they sound amazing. My new favourite band I think.

Now that Hot Chip have sung Wearing My Rolex I finally understand what the song is about. :)

As to what Kelly said, I'm sorry the girl was upset but I don't think any of us can really be blamed. She went on the show and told that story, we only typed out what thousands of people would have been thinking or maybe even discussing in their works canteen.

UM is a nice place

yes, sorry kelly and her friend that they were hurt by our comments but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it. they simply reflected scott's comments and you set yourself up to be joked about when going on his show. your views wouldn't be the same if we stopped doing what we're doing :)

Haha, I love how Jo Whiley makes subtle hints to my e-mails. "A few people are asking about my tambourine incident..." and "Scott Mills from 4pm who will probably be making use of my streaking comment".

Well I'm happy, Radio 1 have given me two standard tickets for Saturday's event and two press passes for the Sunday event.

Well I'm happy, Radio 1 have given me two standard tickets for Saturday's event and two press passes for the Sunday event.

That's brilliant news. I hope you realise that you are there as the UM Ambassador. You'd better not go about enjoying yourself, forgetting to take pics for us, getting drunk and embarrassing the whole site!;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

That's brilliant news. I hope you realise that you are there as the UM Ambassador. You'd better not go about enjoying yourself, forgetting to take pics for us, getting drunk and embarrassing the whole site!;)

If I'd have shut my mouth I could have taken a few more of you as there was a little confusion about who was giving me tickets. Don't worry, Catherine will keep me on the straight and narrow.

You caught me tucking into my cornetto ;) Welcome along... How we doing?

I hope the Big Weekend involves topless lovelies throwing water over each other off of The Sun.

The only problem is the Big Weekend has meant unnecessary extra money spent on new clothes. Shorts and summer shoes aren't in my wardrobe at the moment... Coats and boots I can do.

Cornetto!? What flavour? If it's strawberry then I may have to ninja it away from you.

It was indeed. It's gone now, all that remains is the mess on my trousers, but I sense you won't be going there!

It was indeed. It's gone now, all that remains is the mess on my trousers, but I sense you won't be going there!

You eated it all and didn't share with meee?? So mean. *sobs*

Haha, you gave me a giggle. Thankies!!

Though, be careful what you jest; I'm in a stupidly silly mood these last few days due to the lovely sun and the fact I'm finally moving and gonna take control of my life (that others have tried to mess-up for me previously)!!

The sun makes me sooo happy and hyper though. I'm solar-powered, you see.