Unofficial Mills

Madonna to play Radio 1's Big Weekend?

Jono

MADONNA will make her first live UK performance of 2008 at Radio 1’s Big Weekend next month.

I can reveal that the Material Girl, 49, will perform tunes from her new album Hard Candy at the bash.

The BBC event takes place at Mote Park in Maidstone, Kent, bet!ween May 10 and 11.

My Kentish insider told me: “Everybody’s really excited about the prospect of Madonna performing. The organisation is going to be immense but she’s well worth it.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/34514/Madge-She-s-the-one/

Madonna? Lordy :rolleyes:.

Madonna's been around for so long, it's hard to put her down apart from her mutton dressed as lamb moments. And, I agree Jono, the new record is really good. Gets in your head and not in an annoying way like Umbrella-ella-ella.

What with that and JayZ at Glastonbury - have all the bookers been at the wild mushrooms or something?

JayZ. I do like some of his stuff. One of the very few hip hop artists out there I actually can listen to. His collaborations with rock artists are pretty good, but in no way should he be at glasto. He doesn't cater to the regular crowd. It's too much of a stunt, and it really didn't work considering that there are still tickets out there.

But I suppose they have their reasons.

I think she's someone everyone would like to say they've seen. I certainly would. I think her new record is great.

True, but my remark was about the unsuitability of the artists for the event they'll be playing.

JayZ is a really good artist, but I'd rather see him at a different type of event - preferably indoors in the warm and dry with a lot of his real fans present.

Similarly Madge - she's an undisputed legend, but I'd prefer to see her in concert in a big indoor venue like the O2, rather than at Radio 1's Big Weekend.

UM is a nice place