Unofficial Mills

Vicki Blight - Where is she now ?

Chops

Hello all.

Does anyone know what has happened to Vicki Blight ? I used to enjoy her Friday show but now Greg James has gone full time, I haven't heard her since she covered for him in January of this year. I just wanted to know if we might be hearing her on Early breakfast again. Any ideas?

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Vernon will go to Weekday afternoon's, since he has done it before. The only disadvantage will be he might not go on Saturday Mornings which will be a shame................ I think his saturday show is really good.

Does anybody know why Radio 1 had that strange scheme on Early breakfast, where Greg did Monday - Thursday and Vicki did Fridays only - seems a bit strange.

Because Greg officially tookover early breakfast in October. Before then he was just filling the gap between JK and Joel leaving and the schedule getting a shake-up.

Until October they were still working the previous format which was in place to suit JK and Joel. They would work Monday to Thursday and have Fridays off so they could work a fifth day on Sunday for the chart show.

Friday was originally kept back for Fearne and Reggie, before they moved to weekend breakfast, and the show was given to "new talent".

This varied from presenters like Natalie Jamieson and James King to Dick and Dom to student radio presenters.

Does anyone else have the feeling/hope that James and Matt (Gavin and Stacey, NME awards, BBBM etc.) will be joining in Radio 1 somtime soon?

Annie Mac mentioned it, saying she hoped they would but I really hope that they will have something to do with Ediths cover.

Maybe they will start Switch? And Grimmy moves...?

They were GREAT on Switch the other week, anyone else agree?

Does anyone else have the feeling/hope that James and Matt (Gavin and Stacey, NME awards, BBBM etc.) will be joining in Radio 1 somtime soon?

Annie Mac mentioned it, saying she hoped they would but I really hope that they will have something to do with Ediths cover.

Maybe they will start Switch? And Grimmy moves...?

They were GREAT on Switch the other week, anyone else agree?

I would love it too but when they were on SoccerAM last they said that they were leaving presenting behind now to continue with other writing/acting projects in the pipeline.

Yeah but he used to do 6 days and have Friday off. That was when Vicki would cover. I don't know weither this was stopped after October because when Scott last went on holiday and Coxy covered, she did Scott's show and her weekend show for 2 weeks.

Guest CancerForTheCure
Chappers and Dave can never do a regular slot due to their Scott Mills and Chris Moyles commitments.

Chappers is a workaholic - I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing 7 days a week :D

Greg pretty much has Fridays covered now, at least, everyone's always excited about Free For All Friday. You can't really take that away from him now. Not to mention that he doesn't even have to give the number out before the lines are filled to do the Flash! Flash! at 4 AM. He's really gaining on popularity. If I lived there, I'd go on the M1 during that time just to see the "disco" of people flashing their lights in tune to the music. Gosh, I wonder what the police think of it. It would be pretty mad to see people flashing their lights for two minutes at a time then stopping. Not to mention at the same time every single weekday.

what does that really matter to the non-listener though? that's like saying "don't take fearne away from the chart show because she does chart busters that a few people take part in!" not that i want greg to go anywhere, i just don't see how a feature means he should stay where he is :| :)

what does that really matter to the non-listener though? that's like saying "don't take fearne away from the chart show because she does chart busters that a few people take part in!" not that i want greg to go anywhere, i just don't see how a feature means he should stay where he is :| :)

Anyone can do chart busters, and by the way, they did away with it. No one can do Free For All Friday though, I mean, you have to be someone that can put up with having to hang up on people and carrying on a conversation.