Unofficial Mills

Space Raiders are no longer 10p

Jono

There's a big group going on about this on facebook, but what's the world become when these crisps of our childhood stop selling at 10p? One of the few foods that actually put the price on the packet, and remained at 10p from 1970 to October 2007.

post-5-145327866011_thumb.jpg

A loaf of bread costs over a £1.

I could go on with these forever...

I don't recall bread or milky ways ever being the same price for three decades? :confused: That's the difference between them and Space Raders.

Are space raiders those crisps that you could slot together to make cars and stuff? I forget...

Nope, they're Transformer crisps. I don't know why I know these things... I don't even really like crisps. Although I do quite like these.

product_pb_packs.jpg

Whenever my sister and I eat them in the car, we have to do the same thing as the bear we're about to eat. Very immature, quite amusing, and probably very distracting for other drivers!

I never ate them so I can't say I'm all that bothered. But I do remember the days of 10p chocolate bars such as 'Freddos' when I was at school... do they still exist?

Yes, but they're 15p now.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.