Unofficial Mills

Kelly Osbourne... still a jibbering wreck?

Jono

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

She was really good tonight. Really on the ball and informative.

I just wish they'd stop giving her corporate stuff to read out - she can't manage that - "if you want to see the foo fighters gig go to er... radio1.com and look at the pictures".

If she can't give the right address it's not informative and it's then a waste of time.

Tonight's show is about confidence. I'm used to her introducing the guests, taking a quick call and playing some music. It's been ten minutes and there's already ten minutes of intense talking. Seems a bit information overload compared to previous shows.

I notice these days her text screen is off and presumably they give her printed copies of texts. Whatever she's been doing these last few weeks, it seems to work. She's mastered the phone numbers too.

a friend of mine tuned into listen to Kelly for the first time last night. She knew how bad Kelly has been and after 9mins the first thing she noticed was how Kelly turns things around to talk about herself. Other than that she didnt think she was too bad.

james_ryder.png

• 1 month later...
the fact kelly osbourne laughed at fanny shows how poor she is as a host of the surgery!

Me and my girlfriend were listening on Sunday night, and I felt she had gone back to her old ways. It annoyed me a bit how she just dismisses things. "Hahaha, why would boys like girls with vagina hair, they're just weird" etc. It reminded me of the "bisexual guys are just greedy!" debate.

I listen but I just think she needs a bit of tact. Sure try to appeal to your audience but let's be serious too. People don't just listen for two adults talking like they're five. They want some advice and some impartial views. Kelly needs to broaden her mind.

She also called kept referring to a girl's lady part as a 'vigina' which was a bit worrying.

• 1 year later...

in reading Kelly Osbourne's autobiography she has written the reason of why she may have sometimes messed up while presenting The Surgery

copyright notice

the text quoted below is under copyright (owned by author Kelly Osbourne).

i am posting the text under 'fair use, non-profit & promotional' laws where applicable.

in doing so i attempt to compensate the copyright holder, by way of the relevant links below

Kelly Osbourne - Fierce on Amazon UK

Official book site Virgin Books

http://www.dyslexia.uk.com/

http://www.kellyosbourne.com/

In my line of work, i have to make sure i'm really focused, my peers will walk in, read the autocue & go home. But i have to be prepared if i am going to present a TV show. i have to write down what im going to say & memorise it.

Years later, when i got a job at Radio-1 co-hosting The Surgery on a sunday night, i would get so nervous when it came to the script read-through before the evening show, sometimes i wouldn't be able to read out loud & i'd fuck it up.

In the end, i confessed to my producer that i was severely dyslexic, i explained that the way i had learned to deal with it was to prepare, so i explained that they wouldn't be able to just shove something under my nose with a seconds notice, of course i knew it was live radio & i would have to react to people phoning & emailing in to the show.

The one thing i have learned is that when you're dyslexic it's amazing how cleaver you become, you become very canny at covering things up.

Kelly also said in the book

Thank you Radio-1 for taking the risky chance of putting me on live radio because with out The Surgery i would not have got the chance to write this book.

© Kelly Osbourne 2009

i am surprised that Kelly didn't mention it before she started the show, however i'm sure i remember Kelly saying something on one of The Osbourne's show's, i think that her dyslexia was the reason why sometimes Kelly didn't sound to good on the Surgery.

im not sure if there is anymore about Radio-1 in the book as i only started reading it yesterday :)

:)

The whole Kelly Osbourne affair was handled all wrong. As good move as it was for her she was never the right person to present that show, and her presense gave the show an inconsistancy that a show like that shouldn't have. Plus her exit, the fact she never really was announced as leaving was a bit messy. But good luck to her, just hope she doesn't present on Radio 1 again.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

well i do agree, it could have been handled a lot better.

now i don't know, but it doesn't sound like Kelly told R1 before she took the job, if that would have made a difference to them giving her the job or if she thought it would i dunno, & going on about should she have told them or not is irrelevant.

when i read that part, i did think of some of the things said about Kelly that were posted here when she was on the show, & i felt that i had to post it to be fair to Kelly & to be honest of the reason she may have come across not so good sometimes & make these facts known.

they wouldn't be able to just shove something under my nose with a seconds notice
Why would you even consider a job in radio then? Fair enough she's dyslexic but it's just plain idiotic putting yourself into a job which you know you can't do at the inconvenience of others.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Why would you even consider a job in radio then? Fair enough she's dyslexic but it's just plain idiotic putting yourself into a job which you know you can't do at the inconvenience of others.

i don't want to end up where this goes into the reasons why & what if,

however i think it would have been wrong if they didn't give her a chance, & if she honestly didn't think she could do the job, she wouldn't have took it, i know your not saying she shouldn't have done it, but you know she gave it her best shot.

"someone who has never made a mistake, has never done anything"