Unofficial Mills

Edith Bowman's maternity leave

iain_smith

Hi James, I thought you'd be an average presenter, you're very good at your job, hence why you're doing it on peak time national radio! Good luck with working with Edith's temporary replacement.

Oh, and I can't talk for everyone else but I'm certainly a geek! What did you think to the Sex and the City film? I rather liked it, which is worrying being male!

ChrisHewgill.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he say something bad about the Sex and the City movie? :shock:

Um, yup. He was disappointed (I think), it was too long and he gave it a '2' rating!

I will probably wait for it on DVD, as however much I like it, 2 hours 10 minutes of Sex and the City in a cinema might make me feel a little tetchy and fidgety.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Hi James,

Is there any chance of some sort of James King Podcast?

That would be great. I love your reviews.

Thanks

I'd so do that! LOL.

I really like his reviews too. One of the funnier moments in his history at R1 when he was doing a call-in competition to win the money in his pocket or movie tickets.

Didn't you did Early Breakfast with one of the newsreaders for a few weeks?

yeah, i wasn't keen on the satc movie. i'm a huge fan of the tv show and i thought that the film was too long and predictable. felt like they were really looking for stories to tell rather than it all being very natural. but it does have all the usual satc stuff - shoes, laughs, tears etc - so on the surface there's enough to keep you going!

podcast ain't gonna happen, karpenter. that's mark kermode's terrain.

and yes, i briefly presented a show with natalie off of showbiz news.

like these questions!

i think your reviews are spot on, i do get Mark Kermode's podcasts & they are excellent, i am interested to know what you think of his review of Pirates of the Caribbean :D

i know is old now,but it is one of the best film reviews you will ever here :giggle:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbc1B-i4I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfbc1B-i4I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sorry jono for this going off topic :oops:

:)

yeah, i wasn't keen on the satc movie. i'm a huge fan of the tv show and i thought that the film was too long and predictable. felt like they were really looking for stories to tell rather than it all being very natural. but it does have all the usual satc stuff - shoes, laughs, tears etc - so on the surface there's enough to keep you going!

So you'll be the party pooper at the Sex And The City party Edith's having?

I do think its nice that Edith loves her job, but ....why on earth shouldnt she take a decent amount of maternity leave for her new babys sake?

It can take months for your body to get back in shape, months to bond with a new baby and months to establish the kind of routines you want....so why rush straight back to work?

i'm sure E won't rush back to work too quickly. she knows what she's doing.

message boards/forums etc are kinda weird for R1 presenters, coz there can be lots of very blunt comments on 'em. if you're in the public eye/ear then you're fair game but i can still understand why presenters might not want to read them. it's like text messages to the studio. my producer only shows me the useful ones - he filters out all the ones that say "you're a wanker"! ha ha!

Kermode's reviews are amazing. he's a good friend. i liked the first two Pirates movies but not the last one - so i ended up agreeing with him (annoyingly!)

i will be dressing up for the SATC party tomorrow - i got BBC costumes to sort me out some tranny gear. when you're 6 ft 4, proper lady clothes are hard to come by.

i will be dressing up for the SATC party tomorrow - i got BBC costumes to sort me out some tranny gear. when you're 6 ft 4, proper lady clothes are hard to come by.

You should speak to Chappers. He was a prostitute in a school play, and has apparently been to a transexual night... Heh.

Ah, sorry about that.

My comment about Fearne Cotton still stands though, Even if she was registered i would tell her she was atrocious.

I like her on the tele, not on R1 though. James I know I said I wouldn't want you to do Edith's show but I'd drive you to R1 if you wanted to do the chart show.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

James King - going off topic here - but I could do with some movie advice here:

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?t=9397

I've never seen an Indiana Jones movie (long story, but in short I've only just seen a James Bond movie!) but would you recommend it over SATC for a night out with the girlfriend?

Please use this thread now for the official announcement of Edith's cover:

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?t=9398